Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Managers in HOF Registry?

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker but this is only my 2nd ever post.

I have a question about why some manager cards are included in the HOF registries while others are not. For example, in the 1970 Topps HOF registry, some manager cards, such as Leo Durocher #291, are included but others, like Ted Williams #510 are not. I am guessing Ted Williams is not included because he is in the HOF as a player, not manager. Does that make sense?

In the 1972 Topps HOF set, there are no managers included. Why wouldn't Leo Durocher #576 be included? It seems like he should be since he's in the 1970 set.

Thanks for any insight image

Dale (3rdBase)

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Dale- first off, welcome to the boards.
    I suspect the reason is that the person that requested the set composite didn't put it on there. If you send a request they will probably add it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome

Many coaches in the HOF were players. In fact I can think of only a few that were not players in modern times.

The requisite is they are inducted as a manager. In regard to the current manager HOF set......I hate that kind of set where any card will do.

For walter alston...his true RC is 1956 Topps but u can have a 1983 fruit loops if its psa graded.

The top set has a 1984 card or whatever it is as the John McGraw card when he has tobacco turn of the century cards.

I would like to see true RC's used.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets