Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Jerry West rookie card purchased off Ebay

I bought this card a few weeks back off Ebay. It looked trimmed to me, so I sent it back. (Note: The Meschery card is 2.5" x 3.5"). The seller has a 20% restocking fee on all returned cards, but offers a full money back guarantee on cards that are not "authentic". Is a trimmed card still considered authentic? Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    A trimmed card would be slabbed Authentic by PSA...I guess the seller could make an argument about it being real and not a re-print. Now if he claims it is not altered then that is a different story.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you used paypal or credit card do a chargeback for not as described. I've seen plenty of trimmed cards where the seller hides behind the "authentic" disclaimer.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭✭
    The card sure looks trimmed to me. It would be wise to measure against a modern stocky card like a topps chrome and place them against each other...looking for overhang...ie not the same size. It also helps if there is a sharp contract in card color....red border vs. white border.
    1961 fleer could be factory undersize as well as oversize.....so don't measure against another 61 fleer.

IMO a reputable dealer would take back a card if it was trimmed and further not even sell w/o describing it as such.
    A trimmed card is still 100% authentic. Sad someone hides behind that.

a 20% restocking charge....lol......we're not restocking hot water heaters that require add work....it's another way of saying "i'm a low life seller."
    Good luck.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    This was one of wolf_pack_wolf's creations, I presume. Same seller used to sell under the id bubblegumsportscards. I immediately recognized the 20% restocking policy. I think he also sells graded cards under the id graded_gems_unlimited (the guy who sold the 86 Ryan PSA 10), but I'm not 100% sure. Be firm with him and get your money back - all of it.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    You called that right. I will chase him down for 100% of my money back, thanks for the background info.
  • Options
    Somebody put the hedge clippers away.
  • Options
    To update the saga, the seller refunded the money in full. Lesson learned: I won't buy an ungraded high value (> $100) card without seeing said card in person.
  • Options
    It is not trimmed, it is from the MINI set that was produced in limited quantity. Topps did the same set in 1975 baseball.image
  • Options
    ````
  • Options
    ====
  • Options
  • Options
    Who'll be the next in line?
    link to ebay auction