Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wright set of Proof Lincolns for sale!

On the topic of nothing lasting forever, Doug Wright has apparently decided to sell his collection of proof Linclons. Not just MPL's but the entire run.

Click here to have a look

The VDB is a stunning red toner, the '16 in 66-RD, the '14 in PR68. Check it out! I'll be looking at them in Chicago and hope to perhaps add one to my herd.

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did glance at some of the older coins and they are stunners for sure. Amazing collection!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at a couple of the common modern coins for proof sets I might build out and they were priced
    at full PCGS Retail but when I look up recent auction sales...not even close!

This was done as an expedient way to list them prior to leaving for the ANA show. I have revised descriptions and prices up to 1990 so far.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I hope Rick will have these for viewing in Chicago. It would be nice to add at least one next to the couple I got from Don Merz.
    David
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they are at my booth. I've had time today to update the descriptions. I have pricing revisions on the 1969-1990 coins that I will update as soon as they are accepted. This to answer Keyman64's observation. I had only a few days to work this up prior to the show and I devoted most of my time on the images and the pricing and descriptions on the 1909-1967 coins. The 1968-2008 coins are initially priced at PCGS CoinFacts price. Some will go lower.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic collection of a fantastic collector!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you friends!

It has been a joy to put this set together over the last 15 years, and now it is time for others to enjoy these spectacular coins. There are stories behind many of these, and many memories of relationships and the pursuit. Several of the coins came from Blay and Glasser to name a couple. The 1916 was raw out of a set in an early Stack's auction. At one time, I owned 1937's in 67CA and two 66CA, three of the top four cameos. I selected the best one and sold the others (the 67CA is in the Glasser collection). I was collecting the varieties long before PCGS was certifying them, and these coins were the first submitted for attribution when that service started.

I have looked at the finest Proof Lincolns of the last 15 years and have owned many more than this set includes. I can assure you that these coins represent the best quality that has come on the market in the last 15 years, and several of the best were acquired before hitting the market.

Let me know if you have any questions about specific coins.

Doug
    Doug
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug - your set is jaw dropping. I only recently got into MPL's and scored a few raw ones this year. I didn't know PR68 even existed image
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug, forget the proofs, I'm still in love with this 1913 you posted in 2009!!imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have that gorgeous hunk of copper image

Let me say, Rick is his own kind of TruView. Check out the images on his site of my coins. They are great, and i downloaded them all for my virtual collection image
    Doug