Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Something seems fishy on the Jefferson MEL

Not to go into too many details but I am at a lose as to the marketing of this coin and why with a pop of almost 500 at MS66 and above they are not on the street. There are so many other errors in this series that are infinitely more rare. What is the deal with all of this hush-hush? Are we being played? Anyway I'm pulling mine so now it's to the back of the bus. image

Comments

• Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    The whole thing smells like the "Hunt Bros" silver deal. Let's control it all and make lot of money is the mentality.
    The one on eBay right now has someone that probably did pay the huge money and needs out, only to find that they way overpaid.

PCGS has even slammed the prices down and they still are pushing them for more.
    The other errors out there, many are so much rarer and go for a fraction of the cost.
    Many of us will be buyers at reasonable levels. But which Pres Dollar error with a pop of 103 in MS67 brings $ 8000.00 ??
    Even the PCGS guide says $ 3500 now, which still seems very high.

The Adams Non-FDI MEL in MS66 is listed with a pop of 61 @ $ 1550.00
    And they have sold for even less than that.

IMHO

Just Say "NO" !!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg: Your decision here puts Justin on the top of that registry again and you will "make his weekend". Justin has a very cool extra "colorful" Proof Ike he plans on sending off to you "on the house" to "ease your pain" with surrendering that first place slot in the Presidential series. I'll try to mail it off to you tomorrow or Monday.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Well dang! That really makes it a good deal!

Silverstate is right on as I was shocked to learn the pop and all I could wonder was, where are all these 67 and 68s? Seems like a playbook from DeBeers. This 66 should be trading closer to $300 IMO.
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I will give someone TWO toned Ikes if they will make way for me in the registry!

Just kidding of course.image
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

That sounded good. There is a fishy smell to the Jefferson MEL. image