Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New 09-58 Lincoln Registry Comparison Excel spreadsheet

here

I will put up more info on how to use it shortly. Poople that rember this from last year, it is basically the same.

for a quick start:
change cells E3 or F3 to compare different sets (just do it and see)

change cell B2 to yes to highlight all of the coins in sets that are better then the set you are looking at (the set that you are "looking at" is the one that you specify in cell E3)

Dark cyan is a coin that is top pop. light cyan is one that is one grade less than top pop

To see what a set's score would be change the coin in columns M through EA. DO NOT CHANGE THE ONES IN columns E OR F
the current rank is in row 3, if you change any coins, then the newly compute rank is in row 2. My calcs of rank are a little different then PCGS's (but only VERY SLIGHTLY) because they do the math totally wrong.

as an example, go to cell N7 and delete Tom Mershon's MS67RD 1909VDB (just go to the cell and hit the delete key). See how his set's score drops to 68.10 and drops him to 5th place and everyone else moves up a spot. This is what would happen if tom decided to send me this coin for free.

Have fun
-sog

Comments

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOG,

This is astoundingly cool! Wow, you went to a lot of trouble! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Paul,

Thanks for the great work and spreadsheet. As always very helpful.

Brian
  • Options
    Yes, very impressive. Much more complete and ambitious than the spreadsheets I use to track my sets (which all contain many fewer coins). Thanks for your efforts!

CoolKarma

P.S., You have a minor typo in cells i141 and i142.
  • Options
    SOG,

I'll open my set after this post. I was tired of looking at it while at work so I closed it up.

Rich
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Now everyone can see how much better their set is compaired to mine! Totally cool!

David
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Thanks Rich,
    I just updated it with your set in it

-Paul
  • Options
    coolkarma,
    Thanks for the report, keep them coming. Also, if anyone has any requests, feel free to shoot them my way.
    -sog
  • Options

Very nice and very nice of you to share it with us.image
  • Options
    If any of the other hidden sets would like to come out, I will add you to the spreadsheet.

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Great job old chap, I do remember your spreadsheet from afar. If my memory serves me correcly I believe there was mroe than one, did you also complete the 1959-Present set?

Thanks for sharing,
    Ray
  • Options
    yup I have a 1959- one too. It is actually better. It uses the pops in the sets to compile a complete pop report. Took it out of this one because with all the BN and RB (mostly from my set :&gtimage it left things a little tricky. Probably be posting that one soon though.

-sog
  • Options

SOG,
    How is it updated? Let's say there is a lot of activity in the registry set, do you have to manually update or is there a way to just copy and paste?
  • Options
    Jack,
    There is a way to have excel go out to the web and retrive data (if you are interested and know a little about excel see
    data->get external data->new web query). I have a version of the excel spreadsheet that has 100-110 extra worksheets (and a few macros that generate the worksheets) in it that are used to update the data. It takes about 20 minutes for me to update the sheet with the newest data (and I could do a new registry all together in about an hour or two)

I would post the entire spreadsheet, but it would just confuse people and it is very large (8 megs or so)
    -sog
  • Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    Very nice job !

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    SOG,

That is WAY image!!

It makes the spread sheet I use look like a model T in comparison. image I guess I'll have to get out the book and learn what Excel can "really" do.

Thanks for sharing. What a neat spreadsheet!
    Dan
  • Options
    DAM,
    Not that you need it, I just put up one for the Two Cent Registry. Always been impressed by your set.

-sog

• Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    SOG,

An awesome job and a great tool for Lincoln enthusiasts. As always, thanks so much for sharing.

This is also very useful to all those cowards lurking around the forums who don't have the seeds to come out in public and show others how their set compares to the rest. image

I would not be confused by the entire spreadsheet; I don't think. I am amazed that it is 8 megs, though. I wouldn't mind taking a look someday if you decide to make it available. Right now I'm fighting with my own spreadsheet issues though and I'm sure I'm making a number of things more complicated than they need to be. In other words...keep a lookout for a PM or three from me. image

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    SOG,

I just looked at it. Thanks. That is really neat! image
    Dan
  • Options
    SOG- I too like it. It saves a ton of time when wanting to see what sets have a given date, etc. I just need to figure out how we can have access to it every time it gets updated. Thanks, Marc (Kyle Patrick Collection)
    Marc
  • Options
    Been a long time, but I have a new version up there now