Home Metal Detecting
Options

*** VTH III HALFTIME! AND THE WINNER IS ???? ***

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The VTH Halftime has been extended through the end of VTH III. Post you best caption to the picture below. It's the guys with the metal detectors, not the
garden gnome. BTW, the Bag O' Crap has gotten bigger since the start of the VTH. So there are more goodies in it.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It's halftime for VTH III! It's been a great first half so far with many wonderful finds. It's time though to let our diggers take a breather, study their treasure maps, and feast from the pirate's table before starting the second half.

My name is Gary Norris - AKA Bentfork, and I'm your host for the festivities. Hey, hey, hey - no bad mouthing.

Let's have some fun. Below is a picture that I personally selected. Not that one! One further down. I need a caption for it. It's not a great picture, but one worthy of a witty caption. I was planning on pasting in the Eiffel Tower or possibly a garden gnome with his posterior exposed to make it funny. But, a picture doesn't need some half-pint, travel agency dwarf to make funny...if the caption is good.

The rules are -

This contest is open to anyone with or without a detector. The diggers are welcome to participate too, but unfortunately they will only recieve an "Honorable Mention" rather than the prize. Trust me, they don't need the prize.

For the next 48 hours you each may enter only one caption for the picture.

Keep it clean and nothing below the belt. If you wish to include in the caption some of the more notorious members of this message board, feel free to do so. But don't say I made you do it.

The time stamp placed on the thread header starts the 48 hour clock. No entries will be considered after 48 hours has elapsed. You can still post, but unfortunately they will not be considered. Sorry, but we have to get back to the treasure hunt. Remember, only one entry will be considered. If you want to change your caption because you thought of a better one, then edit your original.

I will be judging the best caption and the winner will receive for his or her wit a "Bag O' Crap". Not literally a container of waste from the south end of a horse or lizard or arachnid or crocodilian. What you will receive is a bag of the stuff one would normally find when treasure hunting. This year's VTH excludes trash finds, so the other judges and I agree that since you can't get out and find your own Bag O' Crap, we'll supply it for you. That's so you won't feel totally unaccomplished during the winter months. In it will be odds and ends. Pull tabs, foil, nails, maybe a whatzit. But I assure you all the items were personally found by me and are metallic. None of the money collected for prizes has gone toward this one. image Also included, since you usually do find something valuable, are one or more keepers. It's left up to you when you get your Bag O'Crap to decide what to throw out. Be careful though, something might look like crap, and still be treasure. Who knows, you might be able to enter one of the items in the monthly "Best Of" contests. NOT! Look what's been found so far. I know it's just what you wanted. You're welcome.

The winner will be announced when the VTH winners are announced. Your prize will be shipped to you via the absolute slowest possible avenue. Well, it is crap isn't it? Once you have received your Bag O' Crap, post what you found in it. Remember - one man's trash is another man's treasure!

Okay, on with it! Here's your picture. Good luck!

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Thought bubble above closest guy's head:
    "I swear to God, if Rob loses his keys again, I'm gonna try geocaching!"
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    "There had better be a woman attached to whatever I find or it's time to find a new hobby"
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    I KNOW I had that ring out here.......just can't remember where.....
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    "Wife-o-mine, it's happened again, the thief was after me gold. Now go get me probe & digger..."
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    OMG!! I thought we had to write caption for the bare-naked gnome!!! lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Jail just aint what it use to be

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    "Cmon Boys, my wifes car couldn't have gone too deep."
    Everyone knows women can't drive (My physics teacher told me that)

TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    "Lord Marcovan takes over as Community Service Coordinator for the Texas Department of Corrections."
  • Options
    Man I hope I find that chest of beer soon!!

HH,Tom
  • Options
    "I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I want to,"
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This looked a lot easier when I saw them do it on C.S.I."

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    "ALRIGHT BOYS!! We'll find them dar'n aliens this time!!!"

Lol photoshop not working, had to resort to Paint lol.
  • Options
    "Next time, I'm just doing one of those virtual treasure hunts"

Rob

4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭
    I had to laugh at the steel toed boots comment..............I've been there, done that image

My caption would be.......(from the guy carrying no detector)

"And I always thought DD meant Designated Driver"
    imageimage

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭
    For the bare-nekkid gnome...........

"Hey eBay! Kiss This!"
    imageimage

• Options
    Hahaha!!! imageimageimage

GaCoinGuy-
    You get my vote for the gnome's caption!!!

Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!!! imageimageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    (AP) Local chapter of WA(weedwackers anonymous) holds its bi-monthly 12 step program. Several are kicked out for taking 13.
  • Options
    "With the conversions made to their canes and crutches, the disabled are now able to get out and enjoy doing some detecting."
    Bob
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    A team of Grasshopper farmers drive their herd into a new area for grazing.
  • Options
    (giggling like mad over here) Danny, you'd win my vote for the funniest caption!! Love the "gottah pee" caption lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    see next post...
  • Options

"In the year 2012, after receiving their final legal blow (and wondering how Hillary got into office), those Detectorists that didn't give up the hobby migrated to the last place in the nation where Metal Detecting was allowed= Texas!"
  • Options
    Look, Sir! Droids!
  • Options
    Everyone was disappointed when the clues from the Divinci Code ended here, with just another stinkin' Lncoln.
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    dcamp and omega have my vote.... absolutely great!!!!! I cant pick which one I like more.
  • Options
    "The tunnel from Mexico should end around here somewhere."
  • Options
    "The Don said Hoffa was buried around here."
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Bump
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Bump >>

I guess we can put this here:
    Note: Halftime has been extended though 10 PM Pacific time Sunday. It was originally going to end Saturady night, but I have decided to extend it. We need more captions people!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    'Recess at the old folks home'

Lol, Thought of another. Thanks

Joe
  • Options
    I know..one post per ....Butt

Here gnomie, Here gnomie, come here you little bare-naked gnome!!!
    I have a little red flag for you. . .

OK...were did every body go? Must have went to pee and the hogs ate them.

shaking the bush boss__________________________________________________
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    We gotta find the keys to the van before our batteries go dead guys!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    "Dammit Earle, you gottah stop stuff. Lookit Tim over there, he's swung that 'tector so much his arm done fall off!"
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    I don't know how to edit within the same post, but I meant to say "stop losing stuff" grrrrr
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    "Area 51 my asz!! I gotta stop getting together with these on-line forum types!"
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know how to edit within the same post, but I meant to say "stop losing stuff" grrrrr >>

Find the post you want to change and click on edit, do that first, don't open the post with "reply" or anything else. Then when it comes up change what you need to change and then click "edit message".
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you Lazer, now if I can just remember that the next time I screw up! lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    I guess they went to watch the football game.

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Good one Jerry!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    A thought bubble over the guy holding the shovel says "I hope that those guys know why the grass is always so tall in that part of the yard."
    Always on the lookout for a silver opportunity.
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Tragically, later that day, Bill would find out the hard way that copperhead snakes do not, in fact, set off a detector
  • Options

What's that buzzing noise?

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    And the winner is???
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    The winner will be announced when the VTH winners are announced.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    You can't really be that eager for a Bag O' Crap are you? image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    hahaha... i thought you guys had forgotten about me.