Home Metal Detecting
Options

I found a cache today without a detector!

...a few friends of mine and I were monkeying around in an old abandoned house ealier today. This place was in shambles, and like an idiot I try to climb my way up into the attic. There were miscellaneous pieces of rotten furniture and really nothing of value up there. Back in the corner I noticed a cigar box, and when I picked it up it rattles. JACKPOT!!! MONEY!! I thought. Yes, it certainly *was* money inside, just nothing really worthwhile or too extremely old. It was still a rush to find this in this old place. After bringing the goods home I sorted them out, and the dates range from 1939 to a Netherland coin from 1967. Cool stuff nonetheless. Well, the first picture is of the booty, and the 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the cool old cigar box that they came in. Notice on the bottom of the cigar box it has President Madison's name on it. Plus a tax stamp from 1910. Anywho, I thought it was a mighty nifty find. Hope y'all enjoy seeing it!

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some young kid,hidding hes treasure?
    The cigar box may be worth more than the coins.
    Neat.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find.

Welcome back, by the way. Your old forum ID didn't work?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yeah for some reason I think I got deleted from the system (probably due to inactivity)... I'm back now though! It has been so dry here (middle tennessee) that I haven't really gotten the notion to dig in the rock hard dirt. I sure miss it though. Maybe some rain will come through soon.
  • Options
    Cool! You should enter that in the Wild Card category for this months awards contest. You should do very well. I haven't looked at all the others in that category yet, but you've got my vote.
    Happy Hunting!image