Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Snow's Vintage Set Breaks-1958 Topps Baseball is Now Live!

Many of you have probably participated in Vintage Set Breaks in the past. Just like the case and box breaks of current sports cards issues, a Vintage Set Break offers participants one slot (or more) at a set price.

Once all slots have been sold (one for each card in the set), a random drawing will be conducted, the break presented live online and the corresponding cards delivered by mail. The card(s) received are determined by a computer-aided random draw. I use random.org.

Today’s Set Break is a complete set of 1958 Topps Baseball, with collector’s having the chance to land a valuable star or rookie card. Slots in the break are 6.99 each. Shipping is a 3 dollar flat rate no matter how many slots you buy. Card #145 was never issued but in it’s place I have included an additional raw Mickey Mantle All-Star Card in EX+ condition!

Some lucky winners will receive a Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, or Roger Maris RC!

This set grades a STRONG EX to EXMT! There are a few cards that are in the VG range but there are several cards that are around NM!! The Mantle All-Star in slot #487 is graded SGC 60 EX.
You can purchase slots for the break by visiting my website at:
http://www.snowsbreaks.com/index.html

There is no slot limit on breaks, so feel free to buy as many as you like!

I will also be giving away 4 slots in this break, be sure to check out my facebook page for entering that drawing…..https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snows-Vintage-Set-Breaks/655395361273188?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Paypal, check, and money order are all accepted. Be sure to contact me with any questions. Thanks and good luck!!

Comments

• Options
    Hurry!! Slots are selling fast! Also, a big thank you to those that have purchased slots so far!!
  • Options
    Also, there are 6 of the Yellow Letter variations included in the break. Thanks for all that have purchased slots so far!
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Curious as to how many slots remain?
  • Options
    Still have about 400 left. They have been selling at a pretty good clip the last 24 hours once I got the word out. You can reserve spots on here just by replying to this thread and send payment at a later date, too.
  • Options
    We are down to about half of the slots remaining. They are going fast!
  • Options
    Less than 100 slots remain so pick yours up today before they are gone!! Only 6.99 each!
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Less than 100 slots remain >>

I understand you're trying desperately to drum up interest by creating the illusion of demand, but perhaps flat out deception isn't the way to go.

Especially when you have no history on these boards and are trying to sell a service that already requires a healthy amount of trust and good faith.

And especially when your site shopping cart app makes it easy for anyone to find out you actually have 424 slots still available (as of this writing). =/

Snorto~

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Less than 100 slots remain >>

And especially when your site shopping cart app makes it easy for anyone to find out you actually have 424 slots still available (as of this writing). =/Snorto~ >>

I agree that it looks like 424 spots remain based upon the checkout page on your website.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Actually, there are less than 40 slots left as of today. You know, if you don't want to be a part of the break....fine. No problem. But why be negative? Do you actually think that I would put my phone number AND address available for all to see if this wasn't on the up and up?