Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

40+ Items on EBAY Lots of late 90's graded raw 80's rookies inc murray smith sandberg ud griff etc

Comments

• Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    top for the thread change
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

What happened to the cards on ebay?I was interested and watchhing one,change
    of heart??
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Ebay removed them and suspended me, I called up and got hung up on 3 times including a supervisor because I asked for the conversation we had to be emailed to me "in writing" which they are "unable to do".

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Sean ... would really benefit you to get a scanner. Pics are not very good. Epson Perfection V300 - can probably get for $75 delivered - and it works GREAT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    That is a scanner, these cases don't scan well.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a scanner, these cases don't scan well. >>

I agree, not even sure whos on the quad auto.why would they suspend you?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    They said that "Jordan Russel Kobe Lebron" etc,,, were all keyword spamming.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>That is a scanner, these cases don't scan well. >>

Sean ... maybe you need to play around with the settings or get a better scanner. AT THE VERY LEAST, it would benefit you to crop each individual card so we can get a better look at it. JMO.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    The problem isnt the scanner but the cases. My scanner works the same way....its a pain but you have to take the cards out of the cases to get a better shot.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize Jordan and Russell had any sort of a rivalry.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    top, all PM's responded to, going to a buddy to list on the bay in a day or 2 probably.
  • Options
    Going back on the bay when I get unsuspended
  • Options

Is the Russell a sticker?How much?
    U FOLD<I WIN
  • Options
    The Russell by himself SADLY is a sticker, #2/10, looking at $145
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt many cards ending in 3 days with no bids @ 99 cents
  • Options
    up
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Brush up on your grading skills...your 79 Ozzie Smith RC is FARRRR from MINT. Two badly damaged corners and the other two corners cut off so they cant be seen? Man, if I received that card it would be a neg.

Take this as constructive criticism and not bashing.
  • Options
    Then don't bid on my items, I start them at 99 cents and show you the picture don't expect something better than the picture, I had a friend list them on ebay for me
  • Options
    Obviously Im not bidding. I was trying to help you prevent a neg. And if that is your attitude about it, maybe you dont publicly mind letting people know you cant be trusted when it comes to grading cards or maybe just being honest? Friend listing them for you or not, they are your auctions and you are responsible for how your friend lists the cards. Seems like you have a lot of problems there, Sean. First, keyword spamming and now purposely inaccurate grades? Please put nyyankeeno7 on your blocked list. I dont want to mistakenly bid on anything of yours.
  • Options
    I have someone listing it for me, i am not in control of what he listed in the title, if I catch it BEFORE there were bids, I might have been able to change it, but it is long past that point now. He puts a picture of everything there obviously so you know what you are bidding it

stop getting all butthurt over "key word" spamming and "inaccurate" grading skills you will have a heart attack soon
  • Options
    Ouch. You got me there. Im so hurt.
  • Options
    You wouldn't have posted what you did if it didn't offend you. Next
  • Options
    Oh please Sean. If you thought that offended me you know NOTHING about me hahahaha. You are a DB because I was trying to give you constructive criticism and you couldnt take it. Actually now, I know why you took offense to the criticism because you are not responsible or honest.

NEXT!!! bwahahahaha
  • Options
    You're right, I'm here to scam everyone and the 30 members/repeats that I've bought/sold/traded with I got every one of their money and got shunned....

Edit*

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be posting, so it bothers you in some way shape or form, if you were trying to give me constructive criticism you would have shot me a PM rather than post it publicly. Get a life. If you don't want to buy from me, don't buy from me.

If you have anything further to say please shoot me a pm, I'm requesting you don't post on this thread again.
  • Options
    Request not granted.

Just because you post here on CU does not make you exempt from being responsible for your auction listings. This is not any different than warning others of non-CU members not giving accurate descriptions on ebay. Unfortunately this turned from constructive criticism into a board sellers warning because you refuse to be responsible for your auctions.

It matters none that you have had many transactions on this board. Again, it doesnt make you exempt to be forthcoming on your ebay descriptions.

And yes, I DO CARE and it does bother me because there are lots of great members on this board and I wouldnt want to see any of them fooled by an inaccurate auction description. Are you saying that you DONT care? What is that saying about you?

And what should you be doing with the auctions that already have bids? How about removing them and reposting with an accurate descriptions? Just because your auction already has bids doesnt mean you cant still do the right thing.

Im not sorry that you dont like that I am speaking up.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    This is your definition of MINT?

No way! No excuses, no blame. No WAY!!!

Oh, and by the way . . . TTT (since you feel so special that you can do this DAILY!!!)
  • Options
    Being as "responsible" as I can, he put up a bunch more auctions I changed what I could before the fisk RC got bids

Love you guys, cardboard extremists.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    If wanting sellers to accuratly grade their cards if they want me to buy them makes me a "cardboard extremist" then thats what I am. Your scans suck, your grading sucks even worse. Calling that Ozzie rookie mint certainly shows you have no idea what you are doing. Please put me on your blocked bidder list as well!!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

<< <i>Being as "responsible" as I can, he put up a bunch more auctions I changed what I could before the fisk RC got bids

Love you guys, cardboard extremists. >>

Why is your friend listing the auctions for you? Wouldn't it be a lot easier for you to list them so you would not have to make "corrections"?
  • Options
    He got banned from eBay.
  • Options

<< <i>If wanting sellers to accuratly grade their cards if they want me to buy them makes me a "cardboard extremist" then thats what I am. Your scans suck, your grading sucks even worse. Calling that Ozzie rookie mint certainly shows you have no idea what you are doing. Please put me on your blocked bidder list as well!! >>

Love you too,

If it bothers you, don't bid, I don't care to hear about it - Report me to ebay.

Edited to add... You know how much they do.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Report me to ebay.

Edited to add... You know how much they do. >>

Yeah, they will suspend keyword spammers even though some people don't think they will.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I think we should lay off this good Ebay seller....

He learned his lesson. He has started grading his raw cards correctly now with the new lot.

I mean that truly is a MINT Payton rookie with the way the bottom left corner is showing damage.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

<< <i>I think we should lay off this good Ebay seller....

He learned his lesson. He has started grading his raw cards correctly now with the new lot.

I mean that truly is a MINT Payton rookie with the way the bottom left corner is showing damage.

mathew >>

New wave of auctions I didn't list... I changed it

Love you honey.
  • Options
    I love to see how some take constructive critisism and really put it to good use. We were trying to explain to you how you could maximize your profit but you resort to negative comments. I think you need to learn how to grade before actually selling your cards. Or at the very minimum...do not put a grade of the card in the auction, describe it accuratly and provide a well scanned picture. But since you choose the DB way of selling....well you get what you deserve.
  • Options
    You most definitely were NOT explaining how I could maximize profits.

With the last statement I can tell you obviously have not read what I have posted and I will not be responding to your comments any longer.
  • Options

<< <i>You most definitely were NOT explaining how I could maximize profits.

With the last statement I can tell you obviously have not read what I have posted and I will not be responding to your comments any longer. >>

So you will not respond to any comments I leave?? Really? So I can pretty much say what I want with no worrires about your response???? WOOHOO

Seriously....better scans, better descriptions and no grades in your auction would help you quite a bit in selling your items and have happy customers. But you are not interested in that because you are too hard headed to take advice. Enjoy the negs you are sure to get...oh...wait...you have been booted from Ebay!! I hope you friend knows you are ruining his reputation.
  • Options
    I'm still on ebay, don't know who said i got booted, and you have it reversed someone is listing FOR ME, not me listing for someone.
  • Options
    Ok, so you are probably suspended from selling only and thats why you are using someone elses id to sell. What is concerning is that you letting those auctions with inaccurate descriptions to run the course. You have clearly shown what kind of person you are. Please be sure your buddy blocks my ID. Again, I dont want to mistakenly bid on anything you are selling.
  • Options
    It's my ID.... And I'm not suspended from selling where did you get that lol..

Someone is listing for me, I let them know to NOT do that and I changed the ones that were over 24 hours and had no bids.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's my ID.... And I'm not suspended from selling where did you get that lol... >>

You were suspended (for a short time) and you posted about it at least twice on here.
  • Options
    So its your ID and your listings, ok....and so what if someone else is listing for you? Now you can go in and correct your listings or cancel the listings that have bids and list them appropriately. Looks like you are going to take the low road and be dishonest hoping to not get a neg for an extra couple bucks. You seem to like to play a lot of games and maybe even enjoy this fiasco. Something is seriously wrong with you.
  • Options
    I corrected what I could... I can't change what has bids and is under 24 hours.

I spoke with him and told him not to list it that way (Think someone listing for you for 30% ebay retail store), his response was, whatever you want "Why are these guys so into it its almost creepy"

I don't think that I know you're just looking out but something to think about for that.
  • Options
    Congratulations, Sean. You are a shining example why people have left this hobby. Interesting that even your Green Bryce Harper you listed as a 1/1 because the number 386/450 is unique. That's no sales pitch, that's just being dishonest and unscrupulous. What's next for you? Resealing packs? Maybe you want to get into altering cards? Maybe your aspirations are to be the next Wave....um, nevermind that one. What ever your next venture is, please let us know so we can avoid you. So much for virtue :::eyeroll::::
This discussion has been closed.