Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Mickey Mantle 1957 Rawlings Glove Tag for sale

$100 delivered. Very rare original tag. Many of these have been thrown away in 1957! I will be posting more Mantle rare items on here today and will be selling on ebay this week as well. Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Just so you know, this item is a fake. If you look at it under magnification the printing isn't period.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    The printing isn't what?
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭
    He is saying it wasn't printed in 1957. Obviously much newer print job, made to look old.
  • Options
    If Rawlings manufactured the tag in 1957 it would have been of high quality and professionally printed like all the other glove tags they made. Your tag is a fantasy piece that somebody dreamed up and printed out using a modern printer.
  • Options
    It was made in 1957! I'm uploading a pic of a much better condition one I have now...
  • Options
    These are real. The new pic and better condition one is on the left on both pics...Leland's has sold old gloves with this tag

• Options
    Lelands has all their old auctions cataloged on line so please feel free to send us a link to any of their auctions of gloves showing this hang tag. I am sorry if you're not yet aware that your hang tag is a fantasy piece. If you have experience with advertising pieces of the 50's then please look at your tag under magnification and compare the print method and quality with original 50's items. Tags like yours have been making the rounds for a few years, so experienced sellers like Lelands will probably be able to help you out.
  • Options
  • Options
    You said Lelands has sold gloves with the tag you have. The links you provided are not the tags you have. The tags in those links are different, and they are real. The tags you've shown above are fake. If you happen to own one of the real tags that are displayed in the Lelands auctions, simply look at the printing on both tags under magnification and it should be obvious to you that your tags were not printed the same way.