Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PNG doing a new major show in New York City in October?

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any info on this?
A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    PNG SHOW

PNG New York Invitational

October 9 - 11, 2014 | New York, NY

Millennium Broadway Hotel

The Professional Numismatists Guild
    is excited to announce the first annual
    PNG New York Invitational!

Our premier show will be hosted at the Millennium Broadway Hotel, which is conveniently located in the Theater District, within half a block of Times Square. The Invitational will be open to the public for a nominal fee, and 1/2 off with complimentary invitations from table holders. Public hours will be Thursday, October 9, from 10 am to 5 pm; Friday, October 10, from 9 am to 5 pm; and Saturday, October 11, from 9 am to 5 pm. Dealer setup will be Thursday, October 9, from 8 am to 10 am.

This show will have the distinction of hosting official auctions presented by both Heritage Auctions and Stack's Bowers Galleries.

All dealers may take a table at the Invitational, whether or not they are a member of the PNG. Table holders staying at the Millenium, under the PNG room block, will receive a rebate on their bourse fees. To make your hotel reservations, please contact the Millennium Broaday at 212-768-4400 and ask for the PNG room block. The contract rate is $329 per night.

For additional information, please contact PNG at 951-587-8300, or via email at info@pngdealers.org. For your complimentary invitation, please contact your local PNG dealer.
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    That NYC show conflicts with the New Hampshire Coin & Currency Expo, which I always do.

So I won't be setting up at the PNG show, unfortunately.
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    This is the first I've heard of this show. It would be a show resumption as the PNG has hosted similar type shows in NYC in the past.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    As WTCG mentioned, there was, for a couple of years, a show in NYC, I believe in this same location.

I believe that the show was held beginning in 2007 or 2008 for a few years and featured mostly high-end material.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As WTCG mentioned, there was, for a couple of years, a show in NYC, I believe in this same location.

I believe that the show was held beginning in 2007 or 2008 for a few years and featured mostly high-end material. >>

$329/night ! image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    $329 nite PLUS tax+tax+tax
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$329 nite PLUS tax+tax+tax >>

Sounds about normal for an October weeknight in NYC.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pricelined my way into a ~$100 hotel closet about 10 blocks south of the park once

That's going to be a lot of sales for overhead at $329

I just hope I don't see any doctored coins in PNG member cases while there.

Who here is planning to go? This might be one I can commute into without the need of hotel services.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    It's also the same weekend as New York comic con.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file