Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CLCT stock is cheap again

ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭
pick up a round lot or 2, you know you want to

Comments

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Yep, it's on sale again! Even cheaper than the batch I bought at 9.50.

Ugly chart, but decent yield.

Plenty of cash though. Good thing too, with a payout ratio that high. Let's hope the dividends are sustainable. If they drop, the stock craters.

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, that stock is so thinly traded. My order is currently the "bid". image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hosts have in the past poofed the stock comment threads.

I post on yahoo stock message boards.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>The hosts have in the past poofed the stock comment threads.

I post on yahoo stock message boards. >>

Occasionally, they have. It would be in their collective best interests to allow those threads that encourage buying CLCT!
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    No question I raised the volume today. Purchase quite a bit today.

There are reasons for the drop, insider moves, lack of a special dividend but still under $10 with projected lower revenues, income and margin you still get a boat load of cash and no debt.

I like it and will be buying more on any further dips. That is humble opinion.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've read your comments over there. Tough year for sure. Dividend payouts are unreal relative to cash flow numbers.
  • Options
    Dividend is a logical income source for the largest shareholders but the laws may change here.

The stock is trading at these levels based on a dividend that can be supported with cash in the banks until modern submissions pick up.

I have offered before what would amount to a huge boom in business for the CLCT, if they considered it the stock would be at 13 on the news alone.

Everyman is the next logical level of growth in these times. It is a no brainer for coins otherwise not worthy of the expense of getting graded and where the plastic adds little value but certain liquidity.

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    13% Yield is nice, but I fear a dividend cut if the tax rates goes up. I'm also concerned about a sluggish market mixed with grading fee increases. Price increases normally don't increase volume. Time will tell if PCGS new percentage fees help the brand or hurt it. The globe expansion may be ill timed for Europe, but China might pay off big time. The investment in data and e commerce will help CU in the future.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's cheap for a reason. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Occasionally, they have. It would be in their collective best interests to allow those threads that encourage buying CLCT! >>

There are regulatory issues about companies and executives, or use of company resources (such as an official website) to
    encourage people to buy stock.

The Securities and Exchange Commission informed Netflix that its staff is recommending civil action be brought against the company and CEO Reed Hastings. The reason: Hastings' July 3 post in which he said Netflix's online video viewing "exceeded 1 billion hours for the first time ever in June."

The SEC says posting on an Internet forum doesn't amount to fair public disclosure of information that is material to investors.

In August 2011, Groupon Inc. CEO Andrew Mason got in hot water for explaining "why I'm so excited" about the company's then-upcoming initial public offering of stock
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know from my experience is that ownership takes away a point. Who said it added one ? image
    Oh yeah, we are talking COINS. Want a stock tip ? Buy gold.
    This is really an MS 64.

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    There is a good chance this stock will continue to fall......and then stay low for some time after!
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Insiders selling, no purchases. They might know more than you do.
  • Options

<< <i>Insiders selling, no purchases. They might know more than you do. >>

That may be why it's down. One director has sold a lot recently.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maximum years overall chart is "interesting".
  • Options

<< <i>Insiders selling, no purchases. They might know more than you do. >>

There are numerous reasons why insiders sell, many of which have nothing to do with the company's financial performance.
  • Options
    Insider selling in a trust does not bother me.

This year a lot of selling going on.

If I was on the board I would be pushing hard for a special dividend with 20M in cash.

If I was in PCGS operations I would be offering a deep discount micro-economy service and push those everyman collections from Dansco to Pcgs.

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    (f I was in PCGS operations I would be offering a deep discount micro-economy service and push those everyman collections from Dansco to Pcgs.)

Quit making sense! (smile) But..... but... the price increase will work! image Everybody knows you increase prices when sales are slow! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>(f I was in PCGS operations I would be offering a deep discount micro-economy service and push those everyman collections from Dansco to Pcgs.)

Quit making sense! (smile) But..... but... the price increase will work! image Everybody knows you increase prices when sales are slow! image >>

Well with modern going to $16 and economy to $20 many of us will reconsider any iffy coins before we submit. Overall the rate increase has soured my outlook for 2013 submissions. I expect to submit less next year and what I do will be more carefully screened, thus fewer coins submitted.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    no one was a bigger CLCT nut than me a few years back and I'm not buying now. I love the company, but they aren't earning the dividend. Not even close. They have excess cash to continue this for some time, but submissions are way down according to their own stats pages. When things were good, they were doing 170,000+/month. Now they are doing under 120,000/month.

I would wait and see how things settle out next year with tax rates and submissions. If they cut or eliminate the dividend, you are looking at a quick 50% loss. Just my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>no one was a bigger CLCT nut than me a few years back and I'm not buying now. I love the company, but they aren't earning the dividend. Not even close. They have excess cash to continue this for some time, but submissions are way down according to their own stats pages. When things were good, they were doing 170,000+/month. Now they are doing under 120,000/month.

I would wait and see how things settle out next year with tax rates and submissions. If they cut or eliminate the dividend, you are looking at a quick 50% loss. Just my opinion. >>

I endorse this message. Good to see you post db. Happy Holiday's. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added to my position a few months ago at a little over $12/share. I'm down around 20% on those shares and they haven't even cut the dividend yet image

• Options
    No doubt business is off but show business is not.

I can list a number of reasons for this and have listed 2 bold ideas to help.

I have road the shares for 7 point gains many times.

I have made a lot of money in this stock and until I short it I like it..

I did flip from long to short earlier this year on price and since reversed.

If they do follow my ideas I would put a buy rating on it.

• Options
    <<I have made a lot of money in this stock and until I short it I like it>>

You would short a stock that has literally no volume and one that you would have to make a dividend payment to since you are borrowing the stock?
    That to me is strange and I'm aggressive by nature.......

MJ
  • Options
    It's more of a short term plays usually done in between dividends and yes it is fairly aggressive but keep in mind most of the time I'm doing it with stocks that are much larger market caps. They are usually heavily traded.

When you're trying to get 25 to 30 percent return on investment you've got to get pretty aggressive.

• Options
    It's more of a short term plays usually done in between dividends and yes it is fairly aggressive but keep in mind most of the time I'm doing it with stocks that are much larger market caps. They are usually heavily traded.

When you're trying to get 25 to 30 percent return on investment you've got to get pretty aggressive.

• Options
    Is very doubtful they would cut the dividend after all they're taking their money out as dividend income rather than ordinary income so it's in the insiders best interest to not cut it .

They have the cash to support it for years.

• Options
    they may resist cutting the dividend until insiders have mostly divested as to ensure maximum return for those parties.

David Hall is basically the only insider of consequence and he owns about 1 MILLION shares. He hasn't sold a single share in years. He in fact, bought a bunch when the then CEO 2 CEO's ago got a margin call and was forced to sell.

If we look at history, and there is no guarantee that history repeats, in 2008 they eliminated the dividend entirely and split the shares 11:10 (10%) at the same time. The stock went from about $10 to $4 in a heartbeat. A short time later they bought back 20% of the stock at a bargain price of $5. About 1 year from the dividend being eliminated, they reinstated it. So if you are one of those people who reinvests the dividend, the forward split left you with basically the same amount of shares you would have had if they kept the dividend during that year. Gold/silver were rising steadily all during that time.

Gold and silver have taken a severe hit recently. The company is highly dependent on modern submissions which are basically tied to the price of gold/silver. Submissions are down. The company doesn't hide that fact. They openly display it on their stats page on a daily basis. They could not telegraph how they are doing any better if they tried.

I love these guys. Great management. Great product. High risk at this juncture and I am a high risk investor.
  • Options
    Thinking:
    1) Bulk submission ( two rolls of 2009 P Lincoln cents)
    2) 100 shares of CLCT
    3) Trip to WalMart for a shopping spree
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

...come on , let's have some fun with this
  • Options

<< <i>It's more of a short term plays usually done in between dividends and yes it is fairly aggressive but keep in mind most of the time I'm doing it with stocks that are much larger market caps. They are usually heavily traded. >>

I get the short term plays on heavily traded larger market cap dividend paying stocks. But you specifically mentioned CLCT which is ultra skinny traded and also a micro cap. That's what I was responding to.

MJ
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you short the average daily volume and succeed, you can treat yourself to a latte at Starbucks. image
  • Options

<< <i>If you short the average daily volume and succeed, you can treat yourself to a latte at Starbucks. image >>

A grande and not a venti. Let's not get crazy. MJ
  • Options
    My guess it will be down in the morning but the market is looking at a bit of crash tomorrow so it could be a nice buying chance in the 8's

• Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I will pass, my last stock buy did not work out to good. (American Airlines) They had a lot of cash on hand and.... I had a chance to sell at 60 cents a share and held. lol
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    Every stock in my portfolio went down today except CLCT. This must have to do with the Mayans as phenomena goes.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I think the long side of clct will be muted until a dividend cut is announced. Having a modest long position here I would not like to see a cut but I don't want a 30% haircut in one day either so I wait.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    gold and silver were up so the stock went up. There is an all-time high short position of 500,000 shares out of the 8.1M shares. Someone is betting big money against them. With gold/silver up today, there had to be some short covering.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use their services.......I don't buy their stock.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

<< <i>Perhaps it's cheap for a reason. MJ >>

+1
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Every stock in my portfolio went down today except CLCT. This must have to do with the Mayans as phenomena goes. >>

+1

• Options

<< <i>Every stock in my portfolio went down today except CLCT. This must have to do with the Mayans as phenomena goes. >>

+1

• Options

+1

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    Commentary herein does not represent a solicitation to BUY or Sell above mentioned securities. These securities are not FDIC Inusured, and may possess various risks.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Commentary herein does not represent a solicitation to BUY or Sell above mentioned securities. These securities are not FDIC Inusured, and may possess various risks. >>

Very good to point out, never buy a stock without doing your own homework and based on the opinions offered on any BB.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bottom APPEARS to be in...it has been moving up over the past few weeks...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    I am up +12.59 on my purchase of 12/18.

Can it be that my sending in cross-overs for the first time it over a year pushed the stock higher? I very much doubt it.

• Options
    As per their own stats page, coin volumes are not picking up. Maybe the rise is the fact that the dreaded dividend tax hike only went from 15% to 20% on the top 1% of wage earners.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Chart looks good for a short term trade. Long term, the demographics are working against CLCT. Are the young men who are in their 20s and 30s today going
    to care about Barber quarters? Why would they? These future coin buyers are more likely to migrate from bullion coins to MS60 $20 Libs and Saints.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    CLCT is not just coins. CLCT encompasses trading cards, stamps, and autographs, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file