Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

nice ebay flip 2011 anniversary set

It looks like they are averaging about $450 on ebay which leaves about $405 after ebay/paypal fees. It looks like a nice $90 profit profit times 5 which is about a $450 profit on 5 sets.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't there about the same or more to be made from some of the offers on BST, and with no hassle?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't count your profits before they're flipped
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the production limit is kept to 100,000 sets, each set will be worth *much* more than $450.

IMO.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the production limit is kept to 100,000 sets, each set will be worth *much* more than $450.

IMO. >>

agreed. It's not much of a gamble to wait a while
  • Options

<< <i>don't count your profits before they're flipped >>

Thats funny and good advice
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thats funny and good advice >>

Sure is, most of us have been burned before. Until you have that money sitting in your paypal you don't have squat.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect much more than a $100 premium in the after market for these sets for at least a year. I remember there was alot of talk of the Lincoln Chronicle sets going to $400 or $500 in the first year and they never really topped $175. They can now be had for around $125 on ebay. I'll take the easy $500 profit and move on.
  • Options

<< <i>I wouldn't expect much more than a $100 premium in the after market for these sets for at least a year. I remember there was alot of talk of the Lincoln Chronicle sets going to $400 or $500 in the first year and they never really topped $175. They can now be had for around $125 on ebay. I'll take the easy $500 profit and move on. >>

But look at the history of ase anniversary sets and the insane hype of these...
    You can get more than $100 from dealers NOW already...so once these are sold out it doesn't make sense that the premium would go down, especially before Christmas
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

well said!
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't expect much more than a $100 premium in the after market for these sets for at least a year. I remember there was alot of talk of the Lincoln Chronicle sets going to $400 or $500 in the first year and they never really topped $175. They can now be had for around $125 on ebay. I'll take the easy $500 profit and move on. >>

You cannot compare Lincolns to American Silver Eagles... Who has a bigger collector base? Lincolns or ASE's?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

But look at the history of ase anniversary sets and the insane hype of these...
    You can get more than $100 from dealers NOW already...so once these are sold out it doesn't make sense that the premium would go down, especially before Christmas >>

Agreed. I also agree with those who think it will hit 500-600 in weeks after the sell-out news gets around. Prices likely to peak in the weeks/months (peak at $1000?) after sellout, then settle lower to a plateau. Will the plateau be 550 or so ($200 each for the keys, and spot for the other three)?

Way different market than for the Lincoln Chronicles.
  • Options
    I ordered 5 separate orders. Tossed 3 on feeBay for $550 BIN to try to make up my initial investment, if they sell at that price.. Hanging on to one for myself and one unopened for a future sale, if they do start to hit around the $1000/set resale price. If not, at least I made up my investment, after fees, by about 95%.
  • Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    I was talking with my brother about these and looked up how I personally fared with the 20th Anniversary Sets...bought a total of 30 sets, averaging about $150/set. Sold all at an average of $380/set. If that same ratio holds here, I'll conservatively predict $650/set. And I sold INTO the peak, not out of it.
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    im new to all this flip stuff but I think the price is going to skyrocket even more than the 20th anniv sets did. Its a different era with the economy and PM markets .
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    If all goes well, I should get 5 sets from my order (I hope anyway!)
    I'm gonna keep one for my collection, one for future sale and try to flip the other three to help pay my credit card bill image
    Plus I picked up 1500+ bonus points on my charge card program!
    Sure was aggravating waiting though image
  • Options

<< <i>If all goes well, I should get 5 sets from my order (I hope anyway!)
    I'm gonna keep one for my collection, one for future sale and try to flip the other three to help pay my credit card bill image
    Sure was aggravating waiting though image >>

My plan exactly.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm gonna keep one for my collection, one for future sale and try to flip the other three to help pay my credit card bill image

My plan exactly. >>

apparently, i am not the only with this plan. image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    what will be the price for a single, openned box?
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If all goes well, I should get 5 sets from my order (I hope anyway!)

I been doing that for years, except before I pay off the CC another coin comes up that I need image
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>isn't there about the same or more to be made from some of the offers on BST, and with no hassle? >>

exactly image

hey Barndog- I saw one of them little things you collect the other day and
    thought of you, hope all is well!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

and don't count your flips before you get the sets.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    I prefer getting payment first and then shipping, that is why my stuff heads to ebay where you get the maximum value, payment up front, and no your order got mixed up like a recent story that a poster posted regarding gaithersburg coin.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If the production limit is kept to 100,000 sets, each set will be worth *much* more than $450.

IMO. >>

agreed. It's not much of a gamble to wait a while >>

Unless the mint decides to increase production beyond 100,00 which it states on the site for these that they can reevaluate demand and change production.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I prefer getting payment first and then shipping, that is why my stuff heads to ebay where you get the maximum value, payment up front, and no your order got mixed up like a recent story that a poster posted regarding gaithersburg coin. >>

You have serious risks on eBay if you are selling unopened boxes. Sell one to a scammer who says you sent an empty box and you are screwed.
  • Options
    I agree. I would never sell a sealed box.
  • Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Too much to lose or tie up on an Ebay presale. First, you tie up your cash when the product isnt even there. Then if the guy decides to reneg, you are out your cash and the product. I much prefer doing business here, with board members, who are willing to make deals, stick to deals and know that the person they are dealing with is under the same rules of engagement--be honest, be open, and keep a handshake sacred.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm gonna keep one for my collection, one for future sale and try to flip the other three to help pay my credit card bill image

My plan exactly. >>

apparently, i am not the only with this plan. image >>

Just sold three presale via ebay to a 100% feedback (1000+) long time member for $1650 shipped. That's $550 each. I have recovered about...95%? of my investment.
  • Options
    You run the empty box received risk with every ebay transaction.
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options

<< <i>You run the empty box received risk with every ebay transaction. >>

That is very true, and I don't know why I never looked at it like that...
  • Options

<< <i>Too much to lose or tie up on an Ebay presale. First, you tie up your cash when the product isnt even there. Then if the guy decides to reneg, you are out your cash and the product. I much prefer doing business here, with board members, who are willing to make deals, stick to deals and know that the person they are dealing with is under the same rules of engagement--be honest, be open, and keep a handshake sacred. >>

Agreed.
    "When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car."
    --- Jack Handy

Positive BST transactions with members - Tander123, Twincam, UtahCoin, ianrussell
  • Options
    Its' the old risk/reward scenario. Sell to dealers on the boards for much lower than you can get on ebay and be safe, or maximize profits and take a bigger risk that the ebay buyer isn't a sleaze. All depends on your risk tolerance. Much like stocks versus bonds.
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭
    question on grading fee. saw this summary, but want to confirm something

PCGS will designate two coins as First Strike. All 5 Coins will be labeled as 25th Anniversary. Coins must arrive in sealed box. That does seem weird as the other sets need to go along for the ride. They will send them back but they are tied up for the grading period. Extra charge for the First Strike designation is required. No extra charge for the 25th Anniversary designation. Membership is required.
    $70.00 = $14.00 per coin grading fee for 5 coins.
    $36.00 = $18.00 First Strike designation fee for two coins.
    $8.00 Handling fee for the order.
    $21.95 S/H charge for the order. (5 coins = 21.95) --------
    $135.95 PCGS fees for 5 coin set

does this mean I have to pay FS. My ASE set has no other FS labels so I do not want them FS... can I pass on that. The wording above almost makes it sound required?

thx
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You run the empty box received risk with every ebay transaction. >>

That is very true, and I don't know why I never looked at it like that... >>

Can't be empty because of the weight on the postage.

Did the us mint send rocks?
  • Options
    You assume the buyer isn't going to say he got a box of rocks. Doesn't matter what the mint sent, if the buyer is scum the weight won't be an issue as he could say anything was in the box.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I was talking with my brother about these and looked up how I personally fared with the 20th Anniversary Sets...bought a total of 30 sets, averaging about $150/set. Sold all at an average of $380/set. If that same ratio holds here, I'll conservatively predict $650/set. And I sold INTO the peak, not out of it. >>

Sorry, that was not close to the peak, you sold too early, although nothing wrong with taking a profit. These peaked at 9K for sealed boxes of 10 and sealed singles hit $900.

However, I will agree that 650 is reachable, but again not the peak for these sets.
  • Options
    Ebay BIN prices now creeping up for both single sets and five sets.

• Options

<< <i>question on grading fee. saw this summary, but want to confirm something

PCGS will designate two coins as First Strike. All 5 Coins will be labeled as 25th Anniversary. Coins must arrive in sealed box. That does seem weird as the other sets need to go along for the ride. They will send them back but they are tied up for the grading period. Extra charge for the First Strike designation is required. No extra charge for the 25th Anniversary designation. Membership is required.
    $70.00 = $14.00 per coin grading fee for 5 coins.
    $36.00 = $18.00 First Strike designation fee for two coins.
    $8.00 Handling fee for the order.
    $21.95 S/H charge for the order. (5 coins = 21.95) --------
    $135.95 PCGS fees for 5 coin set

does this mean I have to pay FS. My ASE set has no other FS labels so I do not want them FS... can I pass on that. The wording above almost makes it sound required?

thx >>

First Strike is an extra service for those that want it. PCGS is only saying they will offer it on two of the coins and that the other three are not eligible.

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Completed 25th ASE sets on ebay >>

Thanks for the link. Saw one set of five sold for $2950.

Crazy. Especially in this economy. Crazy.

Congrats to the seller for making over a grand - virtually instantly - with no work other than repackaging the mint-sent product.

Here's to the 1%!

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the grading info . . . One question - What is the cost to have the OGP returned?

TIA

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Completed 25th ASE sets on ebay >>

Thanks for the link. Saw one set of five sold for $2950.

Crazy. Especially in this economy. Crazy.

Congrats to the seller for making over a grand - virtually instantly - with no work other than repackaging the mint-sent product.

Here's to the 1%! >>

Dont worry, anyone who has any of the sets will be able to make that and more, soon enough.
    So more like the %99 (who got to buy)
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazebay just opened the door wide for a lawsuit, since they allowed some presales to go to completion, and now they're pulling them for non-compliance with their arbitrary rules. WTG FEEPAY! image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    The 2006 sets sold for what $110, I had 10 and sold them for $800 each in their sealed boxes then went back and bought a NGC Black Label set in 69 for $199. Flavor of the day, but our patient people should be able to get a set in a few month fairly cheap. The mint caught on, threw in 2 extra coins and jacked the price up a $189, or $95 per coin extra.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sleazebay just opened the door wide for a lawsuit, since they allowed some presales to go to completion, and now they're pulling them for non-compliance with their arbitrary rules. WTG FEEPAY! image >>

I doubt it. If there are a lot of them, it does take time to go through listings, identify them, take them down, move to the next one, etc.
    I don't think they are purposefully letting some run to completion....probably easier to find new listings and then work backwards.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to linky-dink it....

$596 Ebay Eagle SET
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I forgot to linky-dink it....

$596 Ebay Eagle SET >>

Another one started 3 days ago and, given how fast these went, and how hard they were to get through to for many folks, the buyer may never get the set as there is no guarantee the seller even got through and got a confirmation number, at a minimum......

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just set up at the SC Sate show and a dealer was walking around offering $600 a set!
  • Options
    I still have a sealed box of 10 sets of the 2006's. I guess it is a rare thing now. The mintage was high enough to allow the purchase of quite a few sets (10 per month). I ended up getting 60 sets, of which I only graded 10 (I kept a complete set of 70's) and paid for the rest with the sale of the other 49. The sealed box I have I suppose is getting pretty rare, but I am sure it is past peak. These sealed sets, IMO are going to bring a nice premium for the next couple of years. the big issue will be the percentage of 70's garnered from those sets, and what they bring. People will discount the percentages vs the coins, and factor in a market appropriate profit. These are somewhat like stock warrants on a stock priced below the current trading value of the stock. Not too unlike stock options, except that its an option that never expires, like many warrants.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file