Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Massive Display of Seated Coinage in Baltimore

CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are running this in our club newsletter, and it is probably appropriate to post here as well.
===================================================================

SeatedFest 2011

Fans of seated coinage will not want to miss the November Whitman Baltimore show, November 17-19 at the Baltimore Convention Center. The LSCC will be holding forth with a massive exhibition of seated coinage, featuring highlights from the following collections:

Half Dimes: MrHalfDime
Dimes: Gerry Fortin
Double Dimes: John Frost
Quarters: Selections from Classic Silver and the Chicago Collection
Half Dollars: Bill Bugert
Seated Dollars: MnS Joint Venture
Trade Dollars: Crypto79 Collection

We are planning for a fifteen case display, and no matter what you collect there should be something of interest. Apart from the coins, this is great opportunity to meet and network with other set builders. In our recollection, there has never been a similar exhibit of seated coinage, with the exception of auction lot viewings such as Eliasberg, Richmond, etc.

As usual, we will also meet as a club on Friday, the 18th, at 9am in Room 329. See the full show schedule at:

http://www.whitmanexpo.com/contentPages/Schedule_Baltimore.aspx

Comments

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to looking over the display
    as this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing many of these coins up close and personal.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    Wow, wish i could be there as well. I sure hope some photos of the highlight coins are taken and put at least in the e-gobrecht journal.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds really cool. Sorry I will not be able to view it. image
  • Options
    I am excited to be able to present and showcase my coins around like minded collectors. I am impressed that Speety Father is committed to coming, it shows great strength and I hope it help with his healing process.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it will be an awesome showing!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I would plan to attend anyway, but this is one more reason to go.

Tom

• Options
    I encourage as many Forum members to show up and support Mark's father.
  • Options
    DDRDDR Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an awesome display. I wish I would be able to make it to see that.
  • Options
    Now, how can we convince Astrorat to join the fun image
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭
    I am really looking forward to this display!image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can I sit and look at them? image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TTT. The members are excited, this will be a great event.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    This will be some display!
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    This really is the beginning of American coinage as an institution. The early stuff was a best effort but early country used mostly other countries coins in many spots. The mint didn't get serious about distribution with the branch mint, weights, standardizing designs and steam power presses to produce quantities big enough to placate demand till the 1830s and the results were the Seated coinage at served as the back bone of our country for 50+ years and most dates just didn't survive in any significant numbers. This might be most peoples only chance to ever see a complete(ish) set.
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    I for one would really, really, really like to be there...alas...
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot go, but I would just to support Mark's Dad if I could, besides all of the beautiful coins. I sure hope someone goes and gives a report with pictures, like Charmy et. al. usually do.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I encourage as many Forum members to show up and support Mark's father. >>

Amen. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Woot !! Im able to go i'm told , yup..the missus and i on a wee road trip , it's almost next door statewise. Ill be the guy who's accent you don't understand in the phillies hat image
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could be there....I love Seated coins!image
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    "can I sit and look at them?"

If I am interpreting your question correctly, I will tell you that I plan to be sitting behind the display cases, available to answer questions and discuss the half dime series with any interested collector. In addition to the 'one-of-each-date-and-mint' set that will be on display in the cases, I will also have with me numerous examples of most known (and a few previously unknown) varieties, including repunched dates, misplaced dates, rotated dies, some spectacular late die states with enormous die cracks and cuds, a few mint errors, plus some other interesting examples. Please feel free to spend some time, ask some questions, and look at some very interesting coins.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"can I sit and look at them?"

If I am interpreting your question correctly, I will tell you that I plan to be sitting behind the display cases, available to answer questions and discuss the half dime series with any interested collector. In addition to the 'one-of-each-date-and-mint' set that will be on display in the cases, I will also have with me numerous examples of most known (and a few previously unknown) varieties, including repunched dates, misplaced dates, rotated dies, some spectacular late die states with enormous die cracks and cuds, a few mint errors, plus some other interesting examples. Please feel free to spend some time, ask some questions, and look at some very interesting coins. >>

I was not planning on making this show but now I really must see if I can go, even if just a day trip. This is so very tempting.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    I am also bringing my entire Trade collection and a small assortment of other types of silver trade dollars and chop marks and literature. I plan on being behind the table to shoot the breeze as much as possible Thursday through Sat. Currently Sunday is not in the plans but that could change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file