Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best Registry Set 'about this set' write ups youve seen...

Hahaha
<<About this set: The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. Why is PCGS tightening their grading standard criteria? What are we supposed to believe a given grade means now? What about past grades? PCGS NEEDS TO REVIEW THEIR PCGS GRADING STANDARDS AS STATED ON THEIR GRADING SERVICES TAB OR THEY NEED TO ELABORATE ON THEM TO EXPLAIN THEMSELVES. THEY ARE NOT CURRENTLY FOLLOWING THEIR STANDARDS!!>>

Thats funny.

Whats yours?

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the following description:

"1848 25C XF45 PCGS # 5412 : Another lousy scan. Coin in hand is awesome. Much better than the supercalafragelisticexpialadocious-ultra-conservative grade of XF45 that was assigned by PCGS. A recent (April 2009) grade that shows that 'the standards are tightening'. If this isn't at least AU53, then I must not have learned a thing about grading in 20 years. Only slight wear evident, with minute flats, and a decent strike. Feather wear is minimal too. Nice original tone with splashes of aqua-gold thorough-out. Reverse has a glowing rose hue with strong luster. This is supposed to be thee most under-rated/under-valued no-motto quarter in the series (in MS) per Ken Cables or E-Gobrecht. We'll see...as I paid like it was. This coin is closer to MS than XF! If this coin really grades XF45 then it's an 'A' grade level to the 'cubed-root'; right Mr. Albanese?"

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file