Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kennedy Fans........Latest Bank FInds.

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭
Ordered yet more $500 boxes from my local banks. Two of the boxes yielded 5 1964 (P&D) Kennedy's, 22 40% Kennedy's (of which one was a rolling scratched 1970-D) and these two:

1973-D DDO-001 (FS-101)

1977-D DDO-001

Both coins are very heavily circulated (and not in a nice way) and the 77-D is a toughie to find. (URS-4)

I still have about $700 worth of non-silver to go through.
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is your variety reference internal or a published one? if published, which?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

I'm having a tough time seeing the doubling, but can't exclude that it's there. Great finds if so.

I got $19.50 worth of Halves out of the local banks counter and found 5 40%ers and a clad Bicent. that was monster toned on the Rev. That one was weird.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    both: Last "T" in "Trust"

sideways on the first, diagonally up-right on the second.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

10-4. see it now, thanks.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭
    The 1973-D is published in the CPG as FS-101. Its documented in the Kennedy Half Dollar Book and Attribution Guide by James Wiles.

The 1977-D is not in the CPG but is is a recognized and established variety which is also documented in the Kennedy Half Dollar Book. This book is long out of print but you can checkout a copy out from the ANA Library.

As I stated, both coins are heavily circulated but the doubling can clearly be seen with the proper light rotation.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    thankie much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file