Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting verdigris removal......

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was reading this thread across the street. Whatever this guy used, the results are pretty decent.

Verdigris Removal.
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Cool thread !!
    I am the exclusive distrubutor of this product. I have used it with amazing results, and am in process of some nice before and after pics as well.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since he claims its available nowhere in the world.....

Q: What is in VERDI-GONE™?
    A: The active ingredient is a proprietary reacted molecule and absolutely not available anywhere else in the world. Each batch is individually chemist created in a laboratory.

........I wonder if he did all of his Government/EPA busy work.
  • Options
    Yes he did.

We have the required Material Saftey Data Sheets ( harmless ) and all legal bases have been thouroughly covered.

As a break out product, I expect and understand some hesitation and I personally back this product fully. One of the first orders placed was a CU member, I am waiting for a reply and hope to see his results posted soon.

The formula is only available in one place. I will now back down from this thread to avoid a conflict or spam accusations.
  • Options
    I've used VERDI-GONE many times with excellent results. This product causes no surface problems and I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    So what is it identified as on the MSDS?
  • Options
    richrich Posts: 364
    Keep us posted,Sounds like a real winning product!

1997 Matte Nickel strike thru U
    "Error Collector- I Love Dem Crazy Coins"
    "Money, what is money? It is loaned to a man; he comes into the world with nothing and he leaves with nothing." Billy Durant. Founder of General Motors. He died a pauper.
  • Options
    MSDS sent to your emailimage
  • Options
    Hello, I am the inventor of VERDI-GONE™ Copper Conservation Fluid. I was directed to this thread to clear up a question:

All regulatory, health and safety testing/requirements have been completed and met. Please review the MSDS to address any specific concerns.

Thanks for everyone's interest, testimonials and support of the product!
  • Options
    Well post some pics already. Please.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    How long do you need to soak a coin with mild verdigris to remove it?

AJ
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder where I can get this product ??? It sure has some fantastic results with copper...
  • Options
    It varies, I have had from one day to several days depending on the amount and nastines of it.

Here is a load of pics if you read the thread.

Here is an example of before and after:

and after

guys, I really have to be careful here, This is not an advertisment. I am just answering questions. 2 more bottles went out to board members today, I would prefer if they would start a thread with honest opinions and before/after pics.
  • Options

<< <i>How long do you need to soak a coin with mild verdigris to remove it?

AJ >>

Very light verdigris can be removed in a matter of minutes. Typical times range from 5 minutes to an hour. Every coin is different and times will vary depending on the thickness of the verdigris layer. Also, for light verdigris, a dilution of approximately 50% VERDI-GONE™ and 50% distilled water is recommended. The weaker the solution and the less the exposure time the better. That is the key to effective use of the product.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, VERDICHEMIST!!!

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the coin. It looks much worse here than in person. The dark spot is not visible at all.

Ankur
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>So what is it identified as on the MSDS? >>

That universal ingredient "Trade Secret"image

However there is enough info present to give some insight as to what it could be.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How long do you need to soak a coin with mild verdigris to remove it?

AJ >>

Very light verdigris can be removed in a matter of minutes. Typical times range from 5 minutes to an hour. Every coin is different and times will vary depending on the thickness of the verdigris layer. Also, for light verdigris, a dilution of approximately 50% VERDI-GONE™ and 50% distilled water is recommended. The weaker the solution and the less the exposure time the better. That is the key to effective use of the product. >>

VERDICHEMIST: please enable your PM function.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    pretty interesting ,though i ai'nt convinced that the same results can't be achieved by non proprietary means

K S
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concern is if the coin will grade after using it?.
  • Options

<< <i>My concern is if the coin will grade after using it?. >>

Try it and see.
  • Options
    In the Op's link, the inventor got a nasty 09-S VDB into a slab......hey, they sure would'nt slab before, so whats to lose besides the verdigris? I shipped about 7 bottles this week, some to board members I would guess.....lets wait for more independant trials image
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Will it work on this coin? It's a Wide AM

• Options

<< <i>Will it work on this coin? It's a Wide AM >>

Always start by trying distilled water and then xylenes before using VERDI-GONE™. There appears to be some organic matter mixed in with the verdigris. Also, unfortunately, that coin has not fully oxidized (browned), so VERDI-GONE™ may not be suitable. The product is not recommended for red/BU coins.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will it work on this coin? It's a Wide AM

image >>

Tip your head to the side and it looks like Grover Cleveland's head is coming out of the bad spot looking down at the word liberty.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylenes?????I don't think so, please come up with another substance. = DANGEROUS. Try some ancients with this product maybe?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    a big thumbs up there jack...i ordered this on friday and it's here on mondayimage

time to test
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Results of my first test with an unimportant coin. I got frustrated and used a Q-tip after waiting a number of days. Interesting...

• Options
    Wolfe- would you recommend its use?

Bajjer- since I know what you do is it worth the risk as well?
  • Options

<< <i>Wolfe- would you recommend its use?

Bajjer- since I know what you do is it worth the risk as well? >>

IMO you have nothing to lose by trying it on a low value coin.
  • Options
    It does seem to work - on brown Lincolns at least.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file