Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1912 mpl image contest #2-please vote a winner(huge file warning)

hi,
this is the second part of this photo contest as to capturing a straight on look...winner get's $50.

member #1
imageimage

member #2
imageimage

member #3
imageimage

member #4
imageimage

member #5
imageimage

member #6
imageimage

member #7
imageimage
everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go number 4.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like almost all of them!
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It's funny how no two seem the same.

Unfortunately straight on, most of these have an angled look, I think the natural color of the coin should take precedence in these shots.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't I just vote?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I like #4.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's funny how no two seem the same.

Unfortunately straight on, most of these have an angled look, I think the natural color of the coin should take precedence in these shots. >>

The thing is, what's the natural color of the coin? Hold it one way and it's brown. Rotate it 90° and it's greenish, turn around and all of the sudden it's red and blue, go into a different room and the blue disappears, and that's without trying to angle it to see all the colors at once. The typical "in hand" look is going to be somewhere between the flattest brownish green or brownish red picture you can get and the technicolor dreamcoat in the other poll.
  • Options
    #4 is a really good picture, but I suspect that #6 is closer to the look in hand. I'm probably wrong.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately straight on, most of these have an angled look, I think the natural color of the coin should take precedence in these shots. >>

If they were angled, one side of the coin would be a bit out of focus. I'm not seeing this. I know I used the same image on both shots with the slab flush on the table. Like John said, the coin has a different look at all angles. Indeed a toughie. I think everyone did very well. Does everyone still have all their hair?image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen the coin in hand to know how it should look so I will just make a guess.
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    4 it is.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

If they were angled, one side of the coin would be a bit out of focus. I'm not seeing this. I know I used the same image on both shots with the slab flush on the table. Like John said, the coin has a different look at all angles. Indeed a toughie. I think everyone did very well. Does everyone still have all their hair?image >>

OK I agree, I guess with the lighting I used I did not see the flourecent colors until I angled the coin. Guess it's back to the drawing board. image
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The thing is, what's the natural color of the coin? Hold it one way and it's brown. Rotate it 90° and it's greenish, turn around and all of the sudden it's red and blue, go into a different room and the blue disappears, and that's without trying to angle it to see all the colors at once. The typical "in hand" look is going to be somewhere between the flattest brownish green or brownish red picture you can get and the technicolor dreamcoat in the other poll. >>

Now I know who took one of the pics. image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    ttt for sunday crowd
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, number 4 is a stud!
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I opted for #6 here & #2 in the other. Interesting to know whether the two I chose were from the same photographer?
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I opted for #6 here & #2 in the other. Interesting to know whether the two I chose were from the same photographer? >>

No, the member's number is the same on both images.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I opted for #6 here & #2 in the other. Interesting to know whether the two I chose were from the same photographer? >>

No, the member's number is the same on both images. >>

Thanks. Looks like I chose second place in both of the polls...neither of which won the contest.image Fantastic imaging!
    edited: to clarify

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file