Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bust Half Album: 1823-1839O

TomB requested that I post the complete album once again since I have added a few new coins and upgraded a few since my last posting so here it is. I will post 2 threads to keep the load time for the pics down. 1807-1823 can be found here.image

Comments

• Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    Killer!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that 1827 curled 2 sure is tough to find.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What crito said! imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    FEVERFEVER Posts: 232
    CoinAddict,

Nice Collection you have going there!

Crusty AND Chocolate to boot. My personal favorites too!

Edgar
  • Options
    very nice coins there.
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice matched set, really like the large letters 32. It has been harder than I thought it would be to find one of those
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. This set has been a real pleasure to build.image
  • Options
    Kyle:

It looks as though you are doing outstanding job in satisfying one of most difficult goals of a Bust Half collector. That is, collecting coins with complete consistency in eye appeal, originally and grade.

I am not a purist. ...and I have no patience. I started out looking for consistency in grade and eye appeal, but I soon deviated from eye appeal just to fill the slot in the album. In hindsight, with my disposable cash long gone, I wish I had not done this.

My hat is off to any one who can "stay the course" no matter what the temptation.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I find it interesting that Whitman had enough sense to reduce the size of the hole for smaller diameter Reeded Edge Busties (Dansco didn't do this.), except for the 1836 Reeded Edge.

It will be interesting to see how you keep the smaller 1836 RE - when you get one - in the larger LECBH hole. (Suggestion: please don't do what our forefathers did - and scotch tape the coin into the hole. Smile. Grin. Smile.)

Regards,

Ed R.
  • Options
    Kyle,
    Pretty nice harem you have going....
    Just a thought for the future!
    When you add all the die marriages and die states just for 1827,
    you will need two more albums...image
    Just let me know if you need any help attributing them.
    Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file