Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can a seller at eBay do what this guy's done in his listing description???

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
What he's done in the listing description is to show a picture of an item that's not part of the listing and offer it for sale to anyone who cares to make an offer. Read the description to get a better idea of what's being done and tell me------doesn't that seem a bit illegal??

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess thats getting the most bang for your advertising buck. Its clear that it is not part of the auction so if it bothers anyone report it. And I'm sure that it is probably against eBay policy.

Being illegal has nothing to do with eBay. Illegal means against the law and eBay does not make laws and I'm not sure if there are any state or federal laws against doing what he did.
  • Options
    i guess it's akin to sellers who use stock photos when selling items or when they have multiple items for sale such as "three available" in listings and of course show the best item. my deal isn't so much the "bent rule" aspect of the listing as it is with the seller, a chap who's known to most Exonumia collectors as a bit of a character. i simply wanted to see how others felt about the listing.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Offerers accepted image This is one violation ebay will leap all over because its fee avoidance.
  • Options
    thanks for chiming in, Mike, that's the way i saw it.
  • Options

<< <i>Offerers accepted image This is one violation ebay will leap all over because its fee avoidance. >>

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a chap who's known to most Exonumia collectors as a bit of a character. >>

In that case then he is apparently not doing anything out of character for him. Whats worse is those who come here and tell us all how self-righteous they are, then turn around and do the very same stuff they chastise others for doing; such as the recent thread on shilling eBay listings.
  • Options
    who's been shilling their auctions??image
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    He must have edited the auctionimage....because i'm not seeing anything in it thats been discussed here in this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>He must have edited the auctionimage....because i'm not seeing anything in it thats been discussed here in this thread. >>

Same here, but there is nothing saying the auction was changed. Whenever I make a change in my auctions, there is always a line saying so.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>He must have edited the auctionimage....because i'm not seeing anything in it thats been discussed here in this thread. >>

Same here, but there is nothing saying the auction was changed. Whenever I make a change in my auctions, there is always a line saying so. >>

Right after the word "Description" is the word 'revised' when one clicks on it, it shows what section was revised.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Same here, but there is nothing saying the auction was changed. Whenever I make a change in my auctions, there is always a line saying so. >>

Right after the word "Description" is the word 'revised' when one clicks on it, it shows what section was revised.

Joe >>

• Options
    the auction was revised five times.

what's the topic of the thread and what was deleted, you ask?? essentially, the seller shows a different medal than the auction medal in picture number three(the NGC slabbed item alluded to which shows that "NGC is grading this medal") and had text which stated Offerers accepted for the non-auction item.
  • Options

Being illegal has nothing to do with eBay. Illegal means against the law and eBay does not make laws and I'm not sure if there are any state or federal laws against doing what he did. >>

Actually--- illegal is a sick bird. Dave W
    dalias13@hotmail.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file