Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A couple of attractive ladies came to visit me today...

Dear Penthouse, I never thought anything like this would happen to me... image

Neither lady is particularly earth-shattering gradewise, but I like their skin tone, along with the firm yet supple... *ahem*

Comparing with NGC and PCGS examples @ Teletrade, the grades appear to be right on the money.

Comments

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 1930-S the best out of both of them.
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Wow! Those are the first SLQ that i have ever really liked image Nice original 'skin' and fairly graded by IGC. Doesn't come much better then that! image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, these are the first ones I own of the type as well. I do find that attractive toning or character will draw me to types that I don't otherwise normally collect...
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Very nicely toned SLQ's.image
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice examples....
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    I don't have-a-one, but man are those baby's purdy! Congrats..image
    Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Options
    As Al Bundy would say:"Them Are Some Nice Uns"
  • Options
    CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    I like them both.

And Patrica wants them both.

Ron

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Nice!!! Can I have the # to Penthouse image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best 4 bits a person could want.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    This is not Penthouse Forum, but nice pair anyway.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Chicks in chain mail... ooOOooOOoo.... image
  • Options
    That 29 s is a very nice coin.....don't see head detail like that alot with the branch mint slq's late in the series.
  • Options
    Nice coins for the grades. Might have expected ICG to grade them higher.
  • Options

<< <i>That 29 s is a very nice coin.....don't see head detail like that alot with the branch mint slq's late in the series. >>

"AU58 FH" image

Funny thing is, as I was perusing Teletrade and Heritage in order to check pricing when making my offer, I see that both NGC and PCGS have given "FH" designations to AU SLQs. Either this particular coin wasn't considered deserving of such a designation, or perhaps ICG doesn't do FH on AU pieces. Looking at the images though, my 29-S easily has as much head details as those garnering FH, at least compared to the ones I looked at...

<< <i>Nice coins for the grades. Might have expected ICG to grade them higher. >>

I know that ICG gets a bad rep, but on circulated grades through MS63 or so, I find them to be solid. Then again, I don't collect modern material, which is where the majority of the discussion and the specula.... err, "collecting" of U.S. material seems to be these days. On world coins, ICG is as consistent as NGC, which isn't saying much, although a coin with potential minor problems is likely to be net graded by ICG as opposed to bodybagged by NGC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file