Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

EZcoin Pro Photography Studio

I just got my EZcoin Pro Studio photography set-up. This is a really well-made product. It comes with tent, solid copy stand with telescoping pole for height adjustment, daylight fluroescent lighted-panel for base, and two day-light fluorescent bulbs (you supply lamps). The lighted panel has a nice leather case and the tent folds up into a little 5 inch pouch. It has a back drop for creating depth or you can add your own color backdrop depending on what your photographing. I think I'll finally be able to take decent pictures of slabs and raw coins with this set-up. Can't wait to try it on my N Scale model RR cars. Should make a real difference in photos on ebay.

Here's link to EZcoin Pro Studio: "link"
image Scottish Fold Gold

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Let's see some pics.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Very curious, setup is 99% of the trouble with taking coin pics. Please show us some results when you can.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I bought one of those recently - the lights make a difference. But I get a slight greenish hue on NGC slabs.

The problem I have with it is with putting the coin in and taking it out from the top opening - I probably should have got the next size up. The arm for the camera isn't that sturdy either.

I like it for taking pictures of raw coins with the base lit up, but for slabs it doesn't do anything worthwhile.

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting collection of products they have. If you go to their comparison chart, they pretty much show you what you need for photographing different subjects.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    We bought it too. Are you using the white box thing?
  • Options
    numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    I recommend there be a new U.S. Coin Forum rule...

You CANNOT post a thread with a form of the word photography (including the words photo, photograph, photography, photographic, etc.) in the subject line WITHOUT including at least one example of a photograph in the opening thread.

What do you guys/gals say?

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it should work OK, I'll be interested to see what results you get.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    On a related note, of what use is backlighting a coin? I could see sandwiching a coin between two light panels, but sitting the coin on the panel (as the manufacturer shows it done) makes no sense to me.
    Proudly upholding derelict standards for five decades.
  • Options
    The backlit panel should avoid shadows around the edge of the coin but the backdrop will enhance the viewing of relief on the coins.
    image Scottish Fold Gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file