Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

20$ gold NGC

I would like to know youre opinions on the value of a 1904 ms-61 NGC with PQ sticker.I have an opertunity to pick up a large lot,all same grade common dates.
Brett B wanabe coin guy

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    PQ sticker means nothing, especially on a 61 coin. 1904 is about the most common one out there of the liberty double eagles. Basically small premium over bullion.
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    bfb, you should respond to the questions on the thread you posted yesterday if you actually want help from individuals here.
  • Options
    new to the forum,this is a different topic please explain what exactly do you mean?
    Brett B wanabe coin guy
  • Options
    This thread. How much did you actually pay for the lot?
  • Options
    Did not buy the lot yet,that is why I am asking.
    Brett B wanabe coin guy
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>Did not buy the lot yet,that is why I am asking. >>

So, somebody's offering you that lot for 40K?
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>Did not buy the lot yet,that is why I am asking >>

Whose images did you post ?
  • Options

So, the title of that thread, "what do you think of my new gold purchase?", was a lie?image
  • Options

<< <i>

So, the title of that thread, "what do you think of my new gold purchase?", was a lie?image >>

That seems to be the case.
  • Options
    How confusing can I get the lot yesterday i purchased. its a done deal .They were not certified they are raw,this is a new lot certified NGC-PQ MS-61 are we clear?
    Brett B wanabe coin guy
  • Options

<< <i>How confusing can I get the lot yesterday i purchased. its a done deal .They were not certified they are raw,this is a new lot certified NGC-PQ MS-61 are we clear? >>

Okay, and how much did you pay for the lot you purchased yesterday?
  • Options
    Crystal.

Not!
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you want to tie up your money in MS-61 pieces with gold over $500 per ounce?
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    $7000.0
    Brett B wanabe coin guy
  • Options

<< <i>$7000.0 >>

Right!
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How confusing can I get the lot yesterday i purchased. its a done deal .They were not certified they are raw,this is a new lot certified NGC-PQ MS-61 are we clear? >>

OK, then.

Yesterday's lot:7 raw St. Gaudens - how much did you pay. What grades were represented? (In other words, answer the questions asked on the previous thread)

Today's lot:A large lot of MS61 NGC Libs - The nice thing about these is that they are certified genuine. You see them sell on Ebay for a premium over bullion. I have bought these in the past for about 10% over melt, right now they'll sell for not much more than 15-20% premium. My warning - buy 'em cheap.

• Options
    would like to know youre opinions on the value of a 1904 ms-61 NGC with PQ sticker.I have an opertunity to pick up a large lot,all same grade common dates.

My advice would be to travel to EBay and Heritage, find the coin in question, to see the most current prices for the coin(s) you have. This will give you an idea of what to expect for them/it in return.

Tom
  • Options
    Wait, you said $40k.... Then Mark said they were worth $7k.......... Then you asked what kind of deal it would have been if you paid $6k......... Now you say you paid $7k..... Your numbers and primarily your attitude accompanying them during presentation don't really jive...
  • Options
    I may be an uneducated coin buyer and bad speller but it would be down right stupid to lie to people i am asking advise from,and I am offended by youre inferences.Take a lookat my posts and you will see yesterdays were not slabed,and I stated todays were,Im not here to play games
    Brett B wanabe coin guy
  • Options

<< <i>I may be an uneducated coin buyer and bad speller but it would be down right stupid to lie to people i am asking advise from,and I am offended by youre inferences.Take a lookat my posts and you will see yesterdays were not slabed,and I stated todays were,Im not here to play games >>

That seems exactly what you were doing by the prices you were quoting and trying to 'play' in yesterday's post, play games. I'm sure nobody cares if you are offended, your story doesn't jive and you're asking us for what seems to be investment advice, to which I'll provide the following advice:

Educate yourself considerably more on all related topics before you buy another coin, don't be in such a rush to scoop up anything short of bullion gold in monetized forms at +/- 5% above spot without knowing what you're doing.
  • Options

<< <i>Yesterday's lot:7 raw St. Gaudens - how much did you pay. What grades were represented? (In other words, answer the questions asked on the previous thread)
    >>

BFB: I think the forum members that have replied in your threads would like these questions that Blindedbyego asked answered in a clear fashion. Some people are confused because you keep changing your story and saying different things. It is a bit confusing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file