Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1921-P Morgan w/ PVC Damage: Can It be Saved?

Also, is this one a VAM?

Comments

• Options
    I think the person to ask is Wolf359.

Billy
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Give it a bath in acetone. Have 3 jars ready for bathing. Then have a jar of 97% isopropyl alcohol. Final bath in distilled water. Give it a long bath in jar one. Then give a slightly shorter bath in jar 2. Then a final dip in jar three. Then place in jar of alcohol for a while. Then a final rinse in the distilled water. Then pat dry with a cotton cloth. I then give a quick dry with a can of compressed air to prevent spotting.

Then give us a new photo! Good luck.
    Brian
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    MS70 will remove the PVC on that coin.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Acetone is my input on it......have had good luck, but may need to soak it for a while, not just quick ins and outs in those three holders. Open air, not inside, no flames.

I have used MS70 a ton, but not on pvc......

t
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Lots of die cracks, but I don't see a significant die break on the coin sorry.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Hard to say if the PVC has actually damaged the surfaces or not. I'd say just plunge it in the acetone and hope for the best.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file