Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I guess I've been told........

Posted this question in the Q&A forum...........

<< <i>David........ With the kick-off event of the 2005 year being the FUN show, would it be possible to have a message board located at the PCGS area where forum members could post who's in attendance, or just memo's / notes about meeting up with each other, or planning for the evening "festivities" ??? P.S. Are forum members invited to the luncheon even if they don't participate in the registry (hint... hint) >>

Received this answer...........

<< <i>We'll be stuffed with coins at FUN and don't have time to deal with setting up and maintaining the message boards there...sorry. >>

<< <i>Ask BJ about the invitations. >>

<< <i>Thanks, >>

<< <i>David >>

OK.......... He runs the show........ 'nuff said

Edited to add......... Maybe one of our forum members with a table at the FUN Show would be gracious enough to let us have a "message board at their table........ Possibly something like the oversized pads on an easel that you see in meeting rooms, or perhaps a dry erase type board like restaurants use for daily specials.
Cam-Slam 2-6-04
3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
4 "YOU SUCKS"
Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
Seated Halves are my specialty !
Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
(1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image

Comments

• Options
    How about a name tag with two good-sized lines: One for your real name and one below for your Forum handle. Then, let nature take its course!! I'd be scanning tags all day long so I could meet some of the forum members.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    We'll be stuffed with coins at FUN and don't have time to deal with setting up and maintaining the message boards there...sorry

Interesting ... PCGS use to have a computer set up @ Long Beach for just that purpose. Don't know when it went away -- but it wasn't there last show.

A dealer would be very smart, if he had the extra space to allow forum members to check in on a computer. He might even want to have a digital camera handy so that some members could post some pics!

And if he were even smarter and a good photographer himself, he could perhaps do a short clinic on better pic taking.

IMHO

TPN
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    If you want to get some strange looks from certain dealers go ahead and place your forum name on your name tag. You might hear something along the line, "oh your one of those forum guys who bash us dealers". I heard this comment from one of the wives of a guy who is reknown for buying and reselling IHC and lincolns out from under Stewart. They sell nice copper but I decided right then and there I wasn't going to get a deal and got up and left. image
  • Options

<< <i>We'll be stuffed with coins at FUN and don't have time to deal with setting up and maintaining the message boards there...sorry

Interesting ... PCGS use to have a computer set up @ Long Beach for just that purpose. Don't know when it went away -- but it wasn't there last show.

A dealer would be very smart, if he had the extra space to allow forum members to check in on a computer. He might even want to have a digital camera handy so that some members could post some pics!

And if he were even smarter and a good photographer himself, he could perhaps do a short clinic on better pic taking.

IMHO

TPN >>

A dealer would be very smartThis is the whole key! Unfortunately, the $$$$$$$ keep it from being realised!image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about a name tag with two good-sized lines: One for your real name and one below for your Forum handle. >>

Russ
    Russ

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    I have never been to a FUN show before, however in 2000 the ANA show was in the same location and they provided name badges. Maybe someone from the FUN organization will be astute enough to provide name badges for all attendees ?

Larger shows usually have central information booths, maybe there will be a message board for both PCGS and NGC participants.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ
    Russ, forum PITA!

Russ, NCNE >>

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>Russ, NCNE
    Russ >>

-George
    42/92
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

They did have a computer set up at the Long Beach show when the famous Indian Showdown was held.
    Doug
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    There will be a computer there, it was either 2 or 3 years ago as I was submitting one of the forum members entered a coin into a registry so he could get an official invite to their party that evening. He entered it on a computer that was placed right next to me. So unless things have changed......
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    << We'll be stuffed with coins at FUN and don't have time to deal with setting up and maintaining the message boards there...sorry. >>

Mmmm. them coins is tasty.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file