Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I think that "Major Player Dealer" should be banned

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yeah, you know who I'm talking about. The one that comes on after the "Major Show" slams the grading company, everybody starts putting down this dealer. Then the sidekick comes on to give the backing.

Then this "Major Player Dealer" bows out and lets all the puppets do the dirty work. Pretty slick as it has seemed to work.

Sorry, you can have at me but this is my opinion. I have seen this place give every reason in the world why the board is going the way it is. I think many are afraid to speak how they truly feel.

I am not afraid. So have at me folks.
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    LegendLegend Posts: 336
    oooh that sounds bad.....image
    Laura Sperber

JUST SAY NO TO WANNABES! They lurk and prey on unwitting collectors in chatrooms!
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    As dorkkarl would say - "I disagree".
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I think I have to take another Zantac tablet, for gastric distress.

Stman, You planning to be at the next Long Beach Show???? Lets do lunch again, it was fun.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Here Beagle Beagle.... Come to momma!

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Ahhhh, a womans touch will make the booboo all better.
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>Here Beagle Beagle.... Come to momma!

image >>

Ohhhh Baby!!!!!
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    coinguy1 spoke for me this time.

K S
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawn....
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    Yeah, Laura can come on pretty strong. But even if you disagree with her opinions at least she knows what she's talking about. From time to time she gives an insider's view of things. And her posts have a way of making people think--if you notice they often generate a large number of replies.

CG
  • Options
    Some of the replies are even intellegent.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura's are some of my favorite posts. Insight into how the dealer side of this hobby thinks and works is invaluable, and with her you get it straight. She must have asbestos skin.
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute beagle.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Oh, he's talking about Laura? Why beat around the bush - she wouldn't.

I agree - ban her so she can get back to more productive things.
  • Options
    Lauras tough. At the Long Beach show, every time I walked

past her table, she would grab me and shake me untill I bought

a coin. As I kept going by her table, it started to get real expensive

by the 3rd day. Nice coins though. Wonder how Im going to pay the mortgage

this month.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Tongue in cheek - I think homerunhall posted under stman's account to get some action going on this recently quiet and boring forum.image

I can hear the stampede, on the way here, from the NGC and other forums. Even as I write this, the ground is shaking.......coinalot is waking from its deep slumber...help me out Clankeye....
  • Options
    Coinguy, that rumbling was just my stomach talking back to me.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Children, Children....

Please leave Laura Bell alone. The only thing she is quilty of is speaking her mind. A trait most of the world claims to have, but are only kidding themselves.

Tac? No. Finesse? Nil. Good bedside manner? Hardly.

BUT SHE DOES SPEAK HER MIND, SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE THAT!

Too bad.
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got so sick of hearing her after the last show that . . . . that . . . that I bought a couple of coins from her!image
    Doug
  • Options
    "The one that comes on after the "Major Show" slams the grading company, everybody starts putting down this dealer."

I must have missed the one after the Baltimore show, so it couldn't be sweet little me. Maybe its COINGUY in disguise.image
    Laura Sperber

JUST SAY NO TO WANNABES! They lurk and prey on unwitting collectors in chatrooms!
  • Options
    If you call me a child one more time,
    I will hold my breath untill I burst.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's the sidekick? TDN?

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    That must be me, kemosabi.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>at least she knows what she's talking about. >>

Yeah, she's had a few insightful things to say about the modern coin market.

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!
  • Options
    I think we're all done with this thread. There are better topics out there to chat about.
    Laura Sperber

• Options
    Not lately.......... image
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I thought the point of this board was to slam all grading companies, especially ACG and the folks who pay for this board. image

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    No, that was last week, New agenda this week, WAR WATCH.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAURA: DID YOU KNOW THIS........ image

"The British are comming !!!!"

My 11 year son just informed me that Paul Revere NEVER said "The British are coming". Instead, Revere (a Brit) said "The Regulars are coming". If he had said "The British Were Coming" no one would have thought anything of it.

THE REGULARS ARE COMING, THE REGULARS ARE COMING!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    If PCGS pays for bytes downloaded, I think Lucy is single handedly responsible for last quarter's loss! image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not interested in creating new problems but, what exactly is the purpose of this thread except creating even more problems? Perhaps my comment will bring it to an end...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I disagree also. I really dont think that Laura quote "let all the puppets do the dirty work" instead she really just said she didnt want to reply and so she didnt. I like her posts maybe not my favorite because I'm not really very interested in 3rd party grading services but still well thought out and imformative. If u want someone banned chose someone who does nothing for this forum say.... |)()()|D$
  • Options
    Funny, last week I complimented a dealer and almost no replies.
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Coinguy1 in drag...now that's a scary picture!!!!!!image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    Dealers suck! Send em to Iraq and let them go down in flames with Saddam! My puppy ate my Frankies and Kennedys and they came out beautifully AT'd. I dipped them which permanently altered the surfaces, so I doctored em up and submitted them and one came back in a body bag and one was undergraded by a point. So I tried to cross the undergraded one and I put the BB'd one on ebay where some buyer contacted me and asked me to take the auction down and lower my outrageous shipping costs. The undergraded one went up a grade on crossover but lost the Cam designation - how can that be? I sent an email and it was never answered, so I submitted it for presidential review and it went down a grade but I got DCAM.

Did I miss anything? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file