Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US Mint and SBA prs.

Does anyone know it the mint is holding them back or are they finally out of them.(1999).I went to order my usual 5 and they came up no longer available?
leon

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    There was a thread here a few months back that they are all gone...image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    The item comes up under Special Collectibles at the mint site, and indicates 'in stock'.

750,000 struck, and still going? Has to be a modern record for longevity as an available item at the mint site.

I thought I read they were gone, too. Suppose they found a hidden hoard (shudder)?
    Every day is a gift.
  • Options
    "Has to be a modern record for longevity as an available item at the mint site.."

Weren't the 1976 3 piece proof sets (clad & silver) available from the US Mint until 1982. Obviously the web site didn't exist yet. But available for 6 years.

Dan
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1999 proof set is not truly complete without the 1999 SBA $1 proof. Does this mean the mintage of the 1999 proof set is only 750,000?

Paul
  • Options
    libertad: I just checked the mint out.Your right.They changed the catergory. Yes,they are still available.Thank You
    leon
  • Options
    Paul: I believe your right about the mintage
    leon
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mint should have made a silver SBA $1 proof for the 1999 silver proof set.

Paul
  • Options
    A silver proof would have sold out a bit more quickly, I think.

The Good News is that the New Millenium came and went without the planet or the cyber-universe collapse.

The Bad News is the SBA is still for sale at USmint.gov.

Every day is a gift.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file