Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

gem proof exceptional toned early seated half

this coin is currently in a pcgs proof 65 holder. the coin is a 66 easy
but being medium toned i think keeps this coin undergraded at 65

the coin is deeply mirrored and the color on the reverse is monster! the obverse is also monster but if the obverse looked like the reverse this coin would be a 66++/67!! the obverse of this coin most probably had some cloth resting on it as the reverse was probably face down in a coin cabinet. the cloth from the lined coin cabinet probably sat on the obverse giving the coin slightly different toning than the reverse.
well anyway something rested on the obverse a long time as this coin was not wiped as it lacks any hairlines, scratches or marks when viewed carefully under a light sourse and tilted

again the toning is medium and fully original usually these coins come hazy with dipped out surfaces or are extremely blue black and super dark to the point where you cant even see the mirrors!

the toning consists of burnt orange peach rims to electirc blue centers in gem unc this coin is super rsre to non existant so this puts additional pressure on the gem proofs from collectors

this coin was the highlight of a large auction a few years ago from a collector who was an academic from the midwest that bought this and other coins from legendary coin sellers of the 1940's the the early 1960's

this coin is in an eastern collection and is currently not for sale nor has been recently sold and is posted here for people to see what great coins look like
coins you do not see everyday with exceptional qualities also with a description which are my own thoughts on the coin as even if it helps one person to make better choices in their coin buying then it will have been worth the effort! only buy great coins!

the eye appeal of this coin is simply fantastic in person sight seen and the scan doesnot capture this also the overall "look" of this coin screams originality and makes this coin just jump out at you with the deep mirrors excentuating the toning

also this coin was acquired by private treaty some time ago from mark feld at pinnacle rarities

sincerely michael

Comments

• Options
    Michael,

If the Eastern Collection is ever sold... That is one beautiful half. I think it is one of my favorite coins that you post. It is a GREAT coin!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is absolutely gorgeous. It makes me all the more eager to buy the one I've been considering, which Pinnacle has set aside for me.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    thanks guys!!!!!!! if you buy great coins and good looking coins

i think you cant go wrong

sincerely michael
  • Options
    Michael,

You are a great guy. Now, may I have that coin please?image
  • Options
    Another beauty. Thanks.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    mark it would be mucho denero if it were for sale which it is not
    i think you might be priced out of the market this time............................lol
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, and please continue. I would also like to compare and contrast with average/below average coins so we can see the differece side-by-side.

Tom
    Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file