Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mint to Offer New Mint Set ASE & Presidentilal Coin & Spouse Medal Options

Taken from an August 9th interview Coin World had with Gloria Eskridge, the Mint’s associate director for sales and marketing, Eskridge said, the Uncirculated Mint set is slated to go on sale sometime in mid-September, with a redesigned packaging for the Uncirculated Mint set, eliminating the Mylar packaging used for the set for more than four decades. The new packaging comprises separate flip-up folders for the Denver Mint and Philadelphia Mint coins that alows the edge of the coins to be viewed.

<< <i>The U.S. Mint is also planning to combine an Uncirculated Presidential dollar coin with its companion First Spouse medal in an ongoing series of annual sets. The Mint has no timetable yet for the release of these sets, Eskridge said. The Mint will also offer two annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin sets, each containing six dollar coins. Each set will contain Uncirculated Mint set quality Presidential dollars, with Denver Mint coins in one set and Philadelphia Mint coins in the other, plus an Uncirculated Mint set quality Sacagawea dollar from the appropriate facility and an Uncirculated American Eagle 1-ounce .999 fine silver dollar with W Mint mark from the West Point Mint. >>

Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    With the inclusion of a ASE with the new Mint Set, I take it the 2006-W will remain the key of the Uncirculated ASE's.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the 2006 W ASE will be the key then if they are offering the ASE 2007 W in these sets.
  • Options
    Holy Crap!

No wonder 2006 W's ASE are firming in Price, now!
  • Options
    Maybe I’m Biased ….2006-W ASE

It seems to me the potential for the 2006-W ASE has been overlooked in a fundamental way. Currently, we are assigning this coin a value based on a mintage of 470K. Please allow me to submit my exceptions to that mintage/valuation equation.

First, of the 470K, 250K were included in the Twentieth Anniversary Set. These sets are still highly desirable, despite their recent pullback from $500-$600 per raw set to $350-$450 per raw set. After all, this set was readily available $100 per for several months, and the fact that he market is still at 3x-4x that indicates a lasting value for those coins INCLUDED in the sets.

The Twentieth Anniversary Set has added value as a SET!

Therefore, we must consider the available population of 2006-W ASE to be somewhat less that the stated 470,000. If, conservatively, 80% of the twentieth anniversary coins are tied up in sets, that reduces the available number available from 470,000 to 245,000.

FloridaBill
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Therefore, we must consider the available population of 2006-W ASE to be somewhat less that the stated 470,000. If, conservatively, 80% of the twentieth anniversary coins are tied up in sets, that reduces the available number available from 470,000 to 245,000.

A complicating factor is that many collectors of uncirculated ASEs will also have a 20th Anniversary set. They may not feel the need to obtain an additional 2006-W to complete their uncirculated sets.

Therefore, even some of the coins that are tied up in sets will reduce the demand for single 2006-W uncirculated ASEs.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    I may not be typical but I really enjoy the 20th anniversary set. I needed an additional 2006W for my Dansco. So, assuming I'm not alone, there are bullion collectors that need 2 and that actually increases demand.

For 2007 I don't feel compelled to buy the set as described. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I see it but I doubt I'll want more than a raw 2007W.
  • Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Each set will contain Uncirculated Mint set quality Presidential dollars, with Denver Mint coins in one set and Philadelphia Mint coins in the other, plus an Uncirculated Mint set quality Sacagawea dollar from the appropriate facility and an Uncirculated American Eagle 1-ounce .999 fine silver dollar with W Mint mark from the West Point Mint. >>

Sorry to revive this thread. But am i to understand that the 6-coin unc dollar set will be non-satin finish? I think it would be very interesting.
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    'Uncirculated Mint Set Quality' refers to the same coins that come in the Uncirculated Mint Set, i.e. satin finish coins

• Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

<< <i>'Uncirculated Mint Set Quality' refers to the same coins that come in the Uncirculated Mint Set, i.e. satin finish coins >>

Thanks for clearing that up. Oh well. I think I will just stick to the complete 2007 uncirculated (Satin Finish) mint set. I normally buy a few more products every year but this year is just overwhelming. I remember the 90s when I was clamoring for anything new to be released. Now there is just too much.
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>

<< <i>Each set will contain Uncirculated Mint set quality Presidential dollars, with Denver Mint coins in one set and Philadelphia Mint coins in the other, plus an Uncirculated Mint set quality Sacagawea dollar from the appropriate facility and an Uncirculated American Eagle 1-ounce .999 fine silver dollar with W Mint mark from the West Point Mint. >>

Sorry to revive this thread. But am i to understand that the 6-coin unc dollar set will be non-satin finish? I think it would be very interesting. >>

..Yes very interesting...image.....more research indeed......!!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>'Uncirculated Mint Set Quality' refers to the same coins that come in the Uncirculated Mint Set, i.e. satin finish coins >>

Thanks for the enlightenment.........!!!!!!image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Does Dansco have any pages for the 2007W and 2007 Weagles along with the spaces for the Rev Proof set? Or do I place them in blank pages. Wish they would go back up in price I purcahse 10 of the PCGS 20006 W at 39.00 each. Oh well I will hold onto my two selaed 20th Ann sets. Enough of the rambling I am trying to ask and vent as much as I canin one question
    Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    I agree a Mint dollar set with the business strike Presidential dollars & Sacagawea would be very interesting since you can only buy these issues from Mint sealed bags of 250 coins or the rolls. Hopefully, they will reconsider.

• Options
    I thought I read in another thread the the 2006 W have a mintage of 492,000.
  • Options
    According to the unaudited rounded-off sales figures released June 5th by the Mint and reported by Coin World the 2006-W ASE individual sales were 226,200 plus another 270,000 included with the anniversary sets.

• Options
    The 2007 ASE W ASE is now on backorder status. If it goes back to in stock then it probably will exceed 2006 sales.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I’m Biased ….2006-W ASE

It seems to me the potential for the 2006-W ASE has been overlooked in a fundamental way. Currently, we are assigning this coin a value based on a mintage of 470K. Please allow me to submit my exceptions to that mintage/valuation equation.

First, of the 470K, 250K were included in the Twentieth Anniversary Set. These sets are still highly desirable, despite their recent pullback from $500-$600 per raw set to $350-$450 per raw set. After all, this set was readily available $100 per for several months, and the fact that he market is still at 3x-4x that indicates a lasting value for those coins INCLUDED in the sets.

FloridaBill >>

the population is less if all slabbed 20th's stay slabbed, though. if for some oddball reason the stand alone Z6F goes higher than a slabbed 20th Anniv, then they get cut out if someone wants to sell. I think the 20th Ann TPG slabbed will have the lowest population of the 2006 W burnished mintage. weren't 20k in legacy sets?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe I’m Biased ….2006-W ASE

FloridaBill >>

the population is less if all slabbed 20th's stay slabbed, though. if for some oddball reason the stand alone Z6F goes higher than a slabbed 20th Anniv, then they get cut out if someone wants to sell. I think the 20th Ann TPG slabbed will have the lowest population of the 2006 W burnished mintage. weren't 20k in legacy sets? >>

The Legacy set is a 12-coin Proof set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file