Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    Very nice for him. I got back from NCS yesterday my 1824 50c....XF DETAILS....BUT IMPROP CLEANED...
    Gosh I wish they had not said that since it's come back all nice and clean and shiney and it looks much nicer than his....
    I know his is special find
    Wish my scanner would do a better job or my camera....the coin shows all details very readable, stars in good shape , bust itself good visable details, REV very clean with good feathers and all motto, etc
    Gosh oh Gosh I wish it had not been cleaned
    DONNYJF
  • Options
    slumlord98slumlord98 Posts: 1,180
    Nothing new, there are several held by BHNC members. I had one that Downey sold last year. But it is truly rare, maybe 4-6 that I'm aware of, and because it is so easy to spot, it isn't likely that there are going to be a lot found in the future. Congrats to the new owner!
  • Options
    UPDATE: Here are some newer pics of my 1808/7, O-101 W/O Obverse Die-Cracks. If it ever gets officially recognized it should be the O-101 while the die-crack variety would be O-101A. I have had a couple of club members check out the pics and they both agree on the authenticity of the coin.

DISCLAIMER: Currently not a member of the BHNC, but the basic requirements are met. If I ever get down to Denver and have a member of the club verify the attributions of my coins I should be in. image Living in the sticks has it's disadvantages...

Take Care
    Ben

100% DAV, Been There and Done That!
    166 BHDs & 154 Die Varieties & Die States...
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • Options
    Ben...

...without die cracks it could also be called the 1808/7 O-101 Prime. The Prime is also written as O-101' with the apostrophe in place of the word "prime."

You have a Great Coin !!!

...and a rare die state.

Regards,

Ed R.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file