Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBay Buyer Rant

Item paid for Friday Oct 1st, After my AM Mail picked up. I'm closed on Saturday & Sunday, So it goes out Monday am, and the buyer receives it on Thursday.
He's in Florida I'm in Nevada so it's across the country.
This is his FEEDBACK

Needless to say he's on my blocked bidder list, think he's a bit unrealistic in shipping expectations.

Positive feedback rating Nice card, SLOW Shippping & but a smooth transaction. Buyer: undonted ( 1497)
1968 Topps #6 Home Run Leaders Yastrzemski,Killebrew,Howard PSA 8 NM-MT (#121769238033)
US $40.99
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price. View Item

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I would just reply to the feedback as: Item shipped within one business day via USPS First-Class Mail. Thank you for your business!
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    I would block too. Some folks are just unrealistic.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    If a guy pays and leaves positive feedback I would sure block him image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If a guy pays and leaves positive feedback I would sure block him image >>

I didn't notice this was a POSITIVE feedback!

Smitty -- easy fix. Call eBay and tell them the buyer left you a 'false-positive' and they will immediately delete the comment for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would just reply to the feedback as: Item shipped within one business day via USPS First-Class Mail. Thank you for your business! >>

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bsavagebsavage Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Did he ding you with a low DSR, which can affect your Top Rated status if you have it? If so, you can probably get that removed since it was delivered by the estimated delivery date.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about it. You have a 100% positive rating. As a buyer, when I see that, I don't look at the detail.
    Daniel
  • Options

<< <i>I wouldn't worry about it. You have a 100% positive rating. As a buyer, when I see that, I don't look at the detail. >>

Same here. And 6 calendar days, cross country, is excellent shipping time.
  • Options
    same dude

He's getting plenty of play around here. Seems to be a little off kilter.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the head's up. Added to my avoid headache list
    Mike
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a little different thought. I am not sure, but I think ebay considers Sat-Sun regular business days. IF they do this, it is wrong in my opinion.

As a buyer, I am very patient, as a seller, I try to sent items as fast as possible. Since the USPS is only open half a day Saturday and not at all on Sunday, those days should not be counted against sellers.

Your listing states 4 business days, seems to me he got it on time.

Silly, impatient, unreasonable buyers should not be able to "ding" your stars or leave negative feedback if the weekend makes your shipment "late".

I realize a buyer can leave a neg, but often you can't leave any feedback on the star area if package was delivered on time.

Lighten up buyers! Seems like some simply enjoy knocking down sellers ratings.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    As long as he's not a Professional Star Dinger, I wouldn't sweat it. To be quite honest, it's been quite a long time since I paid an ounce of attention to a seller's rating, much less the actual comments left by people. You're still at 100%, so I doubt anyone would have ever noticed the comment your buyer left.
  • Options

<< <i>Did he ding you with a low DSR, which can affect your Top Rated status if you have it? If so, you can probably get that removed since it was delivered by the estimated delivery date. >>

I thought in the new ebay fall update (effective Feb 2016), ebay will no longer look at DSR's at all anymore or even feedback in determining Top Rated status? They will only look at ebay cases opened against you, tracking, and 30 day return policy.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a little different thought. I am not sure, but I think ebay considers Sat-Sun regular business days. IF they do this, it is wrong in my opinion.

As a buyer, I am very patient, as a seller, I try to sent items as fast as possible. Since the USPS is only open half a day Saturday and not at all on Sunday, those days should not be counted against sellers.

Your listing states 4 business days, seems to me he got it on time.

Silly, impatient, unreasonable buyers should not be able to "ding" your stars or leave negative feedback if the weekend makes your shipment "late".

I realize a buyer can leave a neg, but often you can't leave any feedback on the star area if package was delivered on time.

Lighten up buyers! Seems like some simply enjoy knocking down sellers ratings. >>

Ebay does not consider Saturday and Sunday as business days.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Buy his "refractor" then return it as a SNAD and leave him a positive with a sarcastic twist.

As for the feedback...nobody reads it unless your percentage is low
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Id block in a minute.