Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

73 PSA 9 Mike Schmidt...

i don't know about you, but i hate this 9. the bottom right hand corner is gross, and with the reverse shows even more
Text

Comments

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i don't know about you, but i hate this 9. the bottom right hand corner is gross, and with the reverse shows even more
    Text >>

Agreed. I could be wrong, but someone referenced this card in a thread not to long ago. Mentioned how nice it was. This 9 is looking for someone who just wants a 9.
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just happy to see they're posting back scans now.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of this seller. Why is it that 99% of their listings on ebay never have the zoom option enabled on their scans?

That bothers me. So much so, I pass on certain cards just so I don't end up with a low quality "10".
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay whats the deal with 4 sharp corners and psa? Is it taboo to discuss? I'm not interested in getting blasted off the board worse than the U.S. blasted Hiroshima so I will shut up on the subject if required
    image Just genuinely curious that's all. Seems to be many examples like this particular card in PSA 9 or 10 offered by you know who, graded by you know who.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it taboo to discuss? >>

On here, yuuuup.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it taboo to discuss? >>

On here, yuuuup. >>

Got it image
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember passing on that card (Psa 9) thinking $900 was way to high. image
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of this seller. Why is it that 99% of their listings on ebay never have the zoom option enabled on their scans?

That bothers me. So much so, I pass on certain cards just so I don't end up with a low quality "10". >>

I think you just answered your own question...
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of this seller. Why is it that 99% of their listings on ebay never have the zoom option enabled on their scans?

That bothers me. So much so, I pass on certain cards just so I don't end up with a low quality "10". >>

They do have better scans on their web site. I recently purchased a few of their 1971 Topps cards and was satisfied for the most part.
    Daniel
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I don't think the card is horrible , probably an 8 most days but not horrible. the bottom left bothers me more but that may be what you are referring too. centering and image are quality, back is typical 9 quality for a 73.

the huge scan isn't helping the cause. the one thing I don't like though is the price image
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That corner kills it for me, as a 9. Price too high as well.

Today's cards...tomorrow's prices. Can say that about many sellers these days, LOL!

Instagram: mattyc_collection