Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Auction results now how do I pay?????

Hi Guys,

Have any of you bid on some items from an auction house, gone to bed, wake up and realize you won all of your bids? I did not figure I would win all of them. I never win most of them. Oh well, I will have to figure out how to move some money around without the wife finding out! Lol!
1911 C55 hockey
1935 National Chicle
1961 Golden Press
1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
Top 200 cards in the hobby
Top 250 cards in the hobby
All time lakers
All time Dodgers
1957 Disney Characters
1965 Donruss Disneyland
1966 Get Smart
Brian

Comments

• Options
    Was it REA's ?
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    REA was a funny one this time it seemed. I was only a seller, but many of the items I was following either went for far under the estimate or far, far over. Not so much in between this time. Hope you were happy with your wins!
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    This is one of my greatest hobby fears. I always bid 2-3 times my budget anticipating I will be outbid.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only once.

Back in 1994 - Greg Manning Auctions held a sale at the National. Steve Novella told me about it - I didn't want/need anything but called in minimum bids on 7 lots - never asked for an update and forgot about it.

Then, after the National, I get a call and an invoice for $5400!!!!!! image

edit: here's the best of the lot - can't remember what I paid for this but it was definitely under 900 bucks.

Mike
  • Options
    Yes, it was REA. I purchased:
    1952 topps Mantle PSA authentic
    1952 topps Mathews SGC 3 (hoping it will crossover to PSA for my top 250 set. If not, I will put it in my raw 1952 set, only 3 cards to go)
    1916 M101-5 Jim Thorpe PSA authentic.

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice wins! I agree with the comment that the REA auction seemed to either close well above or well below market value. Unfortunately all the lots I was chasing closed well above market value leaving me shut out. image
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Brian, those are great cards. Nice work. Mum is the word.