Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this real? Re: Nagurski

The back looks greenish to me and I remember the reprints had green backs..... And is it really that much of a "hassle" to get a card graded? It sold really fast.

eBay_Nagurski

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    No, it's a complete fake. Not even close. I reported it to eBay and I encourage others to do so as well.
  • Options
    Thanks Southsider. Too bad the buyer acted so quickly. P.S. Really like your scans on the registry for the chicle set - wish everyone did that.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking quickly through the seller's other auctions, I think the rest of what they have is legit. Sad to see that one slip through.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like they accepted a best offer of $800.
    James
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    The buyer thought they were stealing. Too bad they actually overpaid by $795!
  • Options
    James, How do you know it was 800? VCP?
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you open the auction link go about half way down the page and click on PRINT on the right side of the page. That will bring up another page that shows the selling price.
    James
  • Options
    Thanks James. I will try that.

It looks like there is a rash of these - what the heck is going on? Another Nags This seller says "I am not sure of what grade the card is, or its authenticity" That's convenient lol

This back looks really green - How do people feel about these reprints? I don't like them - I was once tempted to pick up a set and use some cards as placeholders, but once I thought about it, I didn't want to create any demand for reprints.
  • Options
    Awesome trick on the Print - I wish I had always known that.