Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay search question. Help appreciated.

Hi,
Can someone help me with the following question: If you have a ebay users id, is there a way you can find out which ebay auctions they have recently bid on or are currently bidding on? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Mystery Card Shopper

Comments

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that eBay protects the identity of bidders with encryptions.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You used to be able to search by bidder, but not for several years now.
  • Options
    Any other thoughts?
    Mystery Card Shopper
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You used to be able to search by bidder, but not for several years now. >>

No, you could do that up until a couple of months ago. Although, you could not see EVERY item that a person was bidding on. Just some of the items.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You used to be able to search by bidder, but not for several years now. >>

No, you could do that up until a couple of months ago. Although, you could not see EVERY item that a person was bidding on. Just some of the items. >>

and then you were able to see who won the auctions if you bid on the item as well but they took that away recently too.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    if you really know what you're looking for, you can often search through feedback and find things they've won

if they bid on your items, you can look at their feedback profile, go to feedback as a buyer and then go look at the sellers feedback and you can usually piece it together

since you know the overall feedback score, you can usually find it even thought he name is has a first and last letter and the **** in between

this isn't "easy" to do, but i've been pretty successful at different times doing it
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Can someone help me with the following question: If you have a ebay users id, is there a way you can find out which ebay auctions they have recently bid on or are currently bidding on? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Click on Contact Member. Ask him what auctions he recently bid on and what auctions he's currently bidding on. If he responds with profanity you can start a thread on a message board about your horrible experience.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Click on Contact Member. Ask him what auctions he recently bid on and what auctions he's currently bidding on. If he responds with profanity you can start a thread on a message board about your horrible experience. >>

Says the next forum comedian taking a shot at someone they don't know on the same message board. That's pretty funny.

If you want to take shots at me, feel free to do it on the other thread. No reason to hijack this one.

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    My sister used www.goofbay.com to extract buying and selling activity in her cases against her ex-husband for child support payments. I just went to the site and it isn't working like it used to, so eBay may have done something to block the search.