Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Some things just dont change- Joey Farino all over again?

As Yogi said- its deja vu all over again.

Deja vu

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Page 11 and 12 list more of his ebay alts. Believe he is up to 32.
    jpar14
    jpaul206
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are obsessed with this guy, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only skimmed through it, but this line regarding eBay's feedback system made me laugh:

"Just another example of eBay going after a fly with a 2x4, smacking everyone in the head in the process."
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the story from Vintagetopps guy.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "joseph farino gets his jollies by buying and not paying, a true internet troll!"

Recent feedback from an ebay seller
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    I don't understand why Leon lets him stay on Net54. Except for the page views he generates.
  • Options
    LMAO.

I have been on this board for a while (I guess critiquing log times is a no-no, so Black00SS had to become the HAMMER).

No matter where he goes, what he does, mrmint WILL find him.

I am glad though, the guy seems like a real waste.
  • Options
    What does the guy Joey want from the Boards?
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't he buy cards then sells them lower for what he paid?... Interesting business model. I remember reading that somewhere.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, Kirk.

These threads always remind me never to get on Kirk's bad list.

• Options
    If I understand his scams from what I have read...I think it goes like this (please correct me if im wrong)

Buys card on ebay for 200.00

Emails seller afterwards and gives him a "my grandma died" or "my wife is pregnant" or "I lost my job" sob story.

Tells seller to sell him the card for a discount.

If seller agrees, he gets the 200.00 card for 150
    If seller says no, he does not pay, and seller leaves negative feedback.

OR
    He receives the card, demands a partial refund, and threatens negative feedback if it is not given.

Does this sound right Kirk?
  • Options
    Seems he might have made up this scam in order to list items for sale on Net54 as Leon has not let him on that part of the Net54 board.

Farino
  • Options
    Oh I see. By saying he has been robbed, people will discount to him and partially refund to him and may even send him donations via paypal. If that is the case, then that is a pretty low tactic.
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Could someone provide a complete list of the id's this guy uses so we can add to our block bidder list? It probably won't work, as he'll just make another alt, but it's worth a try I guess.
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    That's right up there with what Gary did.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    He sounds like a real character. Before everyone annoints Kirk the chosen one..............he had me pegged as this Joey guy for about 2 years. I actually wouldn't have minded being him for those 2 years. I had 3 surgeries, layed up in Virginia Mason and had 4 rounds of chemotherapy during this time. Kirk would slightly harass me. I asked him politely about this, and after a couple years he finally manned up and said he was wrong. I had board members visit me in the hospital during this time and have dealt with many board members.....so what ever made him think I was the Joey guy was just downright crazy, bazare and downright kind of stalking in a weird way. I would suggest to everyone to not get so aggressive with our attitudes. It's good that info is being put out about Joey; but let's not get extreme.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry Kirk; but you have an obsession somewhat the way Joey does. Joey needs therapy for addiction. Joey is addicted to collectibles way beyond his means and you are obsessed with this Joey guy. You should make your point....and you have, and let all the feelings and emotions go.

Mickey71
  • Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    Yeah, would suck if that really happened but karma is a bizat*h. Anyhow, there are people on the boards that tend to get a little crazy and are pretty quick to accuse with no holds barred.
  • Options
    Mickey, I guess it's a southern thing. But when you threaten a man's family and start saying your going to do certain"things" to his wife, us southerners like to return the favor and are very slow to forget. Have I carried it to far with Farino maybe but he just won't quit or go away. Thus, I'm trying to save others the headache. However as you know he does like to buy friends by buying high and selling low and yes you are right I was wrong for accusing you of being Joey but your user name and his 32 alts were very similar.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Kirk,

I'm sorry that he would say something about your wife. That's uncalled for. It's very unfortunate that EBAY lets this guy get away with these crap games. I told you that I met him once, and that's when shortly after I started hearing all the troubling stuff about him. He actually presented himself as a passionate collector and was quite knowledgeable about cards. After hearing all the stuff on the boards, I'm not sure he was truthful to me on a few things either. He told me where he worked and when I said I knew another collector who worked there he got weird. I wonder how he keeps pulling this EBAY crap. When someone opens an EBAY account...especially when they sell, they have to provide a name and CC. When he keeps changing his username, he must still have the real name (Joey Farino)....is that correct? When it is said and done....the guy needs therapy. He is an addict....much like drugs, alcohol and eating disorders. He needs therapy or he could graduate to very serious crimes. I hope he gets help. I really do. Kirk, also I don't keep grudges......you're off my shi* list. Have a great week.

Mickey71
  • Options
    He's back Jsim09
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mrmint23

He's back Jsim09

Who has the record for most alts? Joey Farina or Sean Bassik?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: 3 under par
    He's back Jsim09

Who has the record for most alts? Joey Farina or Sean Bassik? Both are back again, sean has maintained the dhess id for a while now.

In Sean's defense he has exceptionally good customer service. My last few EBAY purchases were from him and they were fantastic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100

He's back Jsim09

Who has the record for most alts? Joey Farina or Sean Bassik? Both are back again, sean has maintained the dhess id for a while now.

In Sean's defense he has exceptionally good customer service. My last few EBAY purchases were from him and they were fantastic.

Until you buying something that has "a pricing error"!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100
    He's back Jsim09

Until you buying something that has "a pricing error"!

I can't speak to that. These were auctions. The packaging was terrific and so was the turnaround time. On the second purchase he even took it upon himself to overnight the two cards I won which was a great surprise.