Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bowman Baseball

What is your favorite set, starting from 1989 on? First based on design and then on rookie selection.

Comments

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Though I do not collect them (except from the rookies), I liked the Bowman's Best (1994 and 1995) product when it was introduced.

I also really like the 2001 and 2002 Bowman Chrome issues. 2002 more than 2001 for me.

I think from a design standpoint, the Bowman product has been better than the mainstream Topps product in recent years.

Justin
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1994 (base not Best) has my favorite design, great photography front and back, simple front design with photos to the edge, and lots of action photos. Based on rookie class, probably 1992 (though probably some of the worst/cheesiest photos in that set).
  • Options
    1991 may not have the best design, but the rookies sure are good. Mussina, Thome, Bagwell, Lofton, Ivan Rodriguez of course Chipper and more!
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    none
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    I always like 1993 Bowman
    notable Jeter rookie, nice cards of Rivera and Petitie
    nice clean, simple design a la 1957 Topps
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    1997 Bowman Chrome. I still love that set. That was the hottest set in the world for a while. I wish I had sold more of them back in then.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1992. Like the white borders,rookies, and Gold Foil cards.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    89. such a breath of fresh air from all the gaudy designs that Topps, Fleer, and Donruss tortured us with for the decade. love the bigger cards, love the basic design, love the clean crisp photos taking up the entire card. I would also take a PSA 9 Griffey Jr. Bowman Tiffany RC over a PSA 10 Griffey Jr. Upper Deck RC any day of the week
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I hate the 1989 design. The larger size does not allow them to go into a regular set/shoe box and they stick out of penny sleeves making storage difficult. the only good thing is that I when I damage one I can trade for entire set to pick through for cheap.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars