Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Donald Spence sets

Looks Like The Tull collections has his sets.

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the sale was for all of Don's sets and not just a couple. I wonder what the price tag was for all of the sets?
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the sale was for all of Don's sets >>

Not all.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭
    Why did he sell?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Is the Tull Collection owned by the Thomas Tull that was just named to the baseball HOF board?
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    There are not too many folks named Tull who have the $$$ to make that deal. I would say "most likely". He (Tull) recently bought Maz's WS HR bat and is a big fan (and minority owner) of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
  • Options

<< <i>There are not too many folks named Tull who have the $$$ to make that deal. >>

What about Jethro? He sold a lot of records in the 70's?
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Maybe this is the guy

Tull Link
    Capecards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    An excerpt from the article LINKED above:

Tull also owns a small stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers. The rest of his fortune is made up of real estate holdings in Calabasas, Calif., a private jet and an extensive baseball memorabilia collection. Tull and his representatives would not confirm our valuation.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>An excerpt from the article LINKED above:

Tull also owns a small stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers. The rest of his fortune is made up of real estate holdings in Calabasas, Calif., a private jet and an extensive baseball memorabilia collection. Tull and his representatives would not confirm our valuation. >>

Doug, what, you think you can't outbid him on a card he wants?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Doug, what, you think you can't outbid him on a card he wants? >>

Tim, in all seriousness I KNOW I could outbid him on EVERY card he wants. HOWEVER, outbidding him and paying for the card are two different things! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Tim, in all seriousness I KNOW I could outbid him on EVERY card he wants. HOWEVER, outbidding him and paying for the card are two different things! LOL >>

Funny!
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Tim, in all seriousness I KNOW I could outbid him on EVERY card he wants. HOWEVER, outbidding him and paying for the card are two different things! LOL >>

Doug - this comment made my night.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    image - Thanks guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

I gather we have ruled out Jethro Tull as the owner.

• Options
    Interesting events...in the mini thread we would chat often about how many whales it would take to really stir up the much smaller than supposed pristine registry tank. I believe that Tull is one person late to the dance for 1970s super sets as Brady Hill snagged some of the greatest sets in the decade and there are not too many owners left willing to sell sets with large numbers of 10s. That 1971 set is fantastic though!
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image - Thanks guys! >>

Hey, I'm the one who served up the slam dunk for you, Dougie, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    The Tull collector also missed out on the 1948 Swell set which had a Psa 7 Ruth card (pop 1 of 2).

aconte
  • Options

<< <i>The Tull collector also missed out on the 1948 Swell set which had a Psa 7 Ruth card (pop 1 of 2).

aconte >>

The Swell set was in the recent ML auction. Did you win it?
  • Options
    Tull vs Hill, fight!