Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA STAR JORDAN XRCs

Anyone have any further intel on the few star Jordans that exist in PSA slabs?

Specifically, when PSA stopped grading the Star cards, did they in effect "disavow" all extant slabbed examples?

Appreciate any intel on the topic, which is a fresh one to me. Thanks as always.

Comments

• Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Bump for great question that I'm interested in as well.
  • Options
    Tried to post a link to an old thread I found but it didn't work. Search "Star Jordan" on here.
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Tried but could not find-- then again I never get any results when I used the crazy search function here. If anyone can link the above referenced thread, much appreciated.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭

<< <i>Tried but could not find-- then again I never get any results when I used the crazy search function here. If anyone can link the above referenced thread, much appreciated. >>

The advanced search function does not work in Chrome but the generic search in the top left corner should work fine.
  • Options
    My advice is to get a Prism Jewel instead. Star is always going to be questionable.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Lee, CDsNuts, is a pretty good source for Star cards.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Specifically, when PSA stopped grading the Star cards, did they in effect "disavow" all extant slabbed examples? >>

Yes, they did. Here's my PSA graded Ewing Star rookie with a now defunct cert #:

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
  • Options
    If MattyC's question is in reference to the 1985 Star Jordan PSA 8 that PWCC is auctioning, I can offer a few facts.

1. All PSA graded Star Basketball cards are in the original PSA holders with the typewriter-style font with the slash through the zeros and long bar codes.

2. The PSA holder for the PWCC card is from post late 2001, which is several years after PSA stopped grading Star Basketball cards.

3. The only way the PWCC card would have been encapsulated in that holder by PSA would be if someone slipped it through on a reholder submission post late 2001.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110889912616
  • Options
    PlanemonkeyPlanemonkey Posts: 543 ✭✭
    MattyC how do you have only 1000 posts, seems like your always adding good stuff.

I don't know where they are but I want'em