Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1983 Topps Football BBCE wax Rip

While Ive had a real nice 1983 Topps Football set for years, I decided as I have with most of my sets, to take it to another level of absolute centered Mint cards through out
down to the last common.

I tried a lot from NEC, Only to find out what I really already knew. Lots of "Minty" Cards but centering was poor on the vast majority and basically cards
that didn't get subbed for 4-Sharp corners.

Next started breaking out 9's and 10's Allen Rookie, Singletary, MacMahon, Dorsett..... Then refused to give stupid prices for many of the semi stars and Commons.

Next step..... Get them direct from the source..... BBCE WAX

Just the thrill of opening wax packs and smelling the gum was worth the price of addmisson! Yes I got alot duds, but I also pulled many pristine cards as well.
just the type I was looking for.

So to date I have riiped two Wax boxes as well as a Cello box and have yet to achive the complete centered pristine Mint set I started out to complete.

Im not interested in wasting any time or money on grading on a modern set like the 83, but I have pulled some of the many cards that I strongly feel
are 9, 10 quality Mint cards.

I am interested in finding others who have possibly ripped 83's and sitting on the same 9,10 quality cards willing to trade. Also would consider selling any
of the cards to help finnace the cards I still seek for my set. Im a strict, pickey condition freak so I need to see any cards you may have that you feel might
meet my needs.

1983 Topps Football Want List : (Again Im looking for centered flawless MINT cards)

Stickers
25 John Riggins 26 Billy Simms

Cards
21 KENN 26 R.C. THIELEMANN 39 MATT SUHEY 46 TONY DORSETT 57 RANDY WHITE 89 PRESTON DENNARD 90 VINCE FERRAGAMO 93 MIKE LANSFORD

95 PAT THOMAS 133 LAWRENCE TAYLOR 134 BRAD VAN PELT 139 TONY FRANKLIN 143 FRANK LEMASTER 147 MAX RUNAGER 157 ELOIS GROOMS 162 PAT TILLEY

164 DWIGHT CLARK 166 RUSS FRANCIS 168 RONNIE LOTT 170 JEFF MOORE 171 RENALDO NEHEMIAH 173 RAY WERSCHING 180 KEVIN HOUSE 182 LEE ROY SELMON

185 DOUG WILLIAMS 189 VERNON DEAN 193 ART MONK 199 JOE THEISMAN 232 KEN ANDERSON 240 ANTHONY MUNOZ 257 BRIAN SIEPE 261 STEVE DEBERG

273 JESSE BAKER 293 RAIDERS TL/M.ALLEN 305 MATT MILLEN 307 JIM PLUNKETT 312 A.J. DUHE 323 DAVID WOODLEY 325 JULIUS ADAMS 328 TONY COLLINS

330 JOHN HANNAH 336 KENNETH SIMS 344 BOBBY JONES 350 MARVIN POWELL 356 GARY ANDERSON 358 TERRY BRADSHAW 361 GARY DUNN 362 FRANCO HARRIS

363 JACK LAMBERT 365 DONNIE SHELL 366 JOHN STALLWORTH 378 LOUIE KELCHER 382 KELLEN WINSLOW

imageimage
imageimage

Set of all three versions of 83 Wrappers $6.00 delivered

A few of the high grade Minty cards I pulled from these packs.

imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................SOLD
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage

These are but a few of the "cherry" cards I have to trade. I only pulled the best of the best here. I have lots of pack fresh NM-MT or better cards as well.

If I can't find any help here...... Hell I may just rip a fourth Box!

Take care guys!

John

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    I've been busting 1983 wax from BBCE for the past 2+ years (since the 09 National). Finally completed my "minty" raw set about a month ago... well, as minty as I'm hoping to get it. Had pretty good luck with a nice batch of 10's, and a few 9's, last time I subbed. From the two boxes I busted at the National this year... I have a stack of cards I felt were grade worthy in that 9-10 category with good centering. Haven't subbed any of them yet (and might not now that my raw set is complete).

From that stack, I had these from your list:

26 RC Thielmann, 147 Max Runager, 162 Pat Tilley, 199 Joe Theismann & 362 Franco Harris

I would be interested in either the first or second Marcus Allen RC you have pictured. My 09 box break netted me 1 Marcus Allen, subbed it and got a PSA 10... have since sold it. The two boxes I busted at the National this year only netted me 1 Marcus... 65/35 L/R centering... resides in my set. Wouldn't mind a nicer one.
  • Options
    OH MY!!!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    ERIC

Thanks for the response! Both the Allens are very nice. I would rather you look at them in person.

Would you happen to have decent #171 Nehemiah(49ers) #173 Wersching(49ers) in ANY of your doubles? Not necessarily from you grading stack.

Could you post scans of the cards you have?

I would be willing to just send you both of the Allen Rookies. If you find one is acceptable I would trade it for the cards you listed and the two 49ers cards above if you have them anywhere in your doubles.

You could just send the other Allen back with the other cards.

LMK your Mailing address if you would be interested in persuing this trade.

Thanks!
    John

• Options
    Maybe I can help.

I busted a cello box a few years ago from the BBC Exchange. I'm not very familar with 83's, I mostly wanted a peyton, mcmahon, singletary. Some of the other ones are pretty cool, like the Montana Record Breaker.

I'll have to look through the box again, how minty mint do you want them? I have some on your list that look like the Neal Olkewicz, with a little bit of "fuzz" on the upper right corner. It looks like the back of the card wasn't cut right.

And a few look like the Harold Carmichael. The upper left corner. It looks like a little bit of wear, it doesn't come to the same exact corner as the other ones.

The ones I have that look very good

21 Kenn
    182 Lee roy Selmon
    185 Doug Williams

193 Art Monk? Maybe an 8.5

307 Plunkett.
    325 Julius Adams
    330 John Hannah. 9, 10? I don't know.

366 Stallworth
    378 Kelcher. 2 of them.

How many 9's or 10's would you expect out of a cello box?

Do you have anything else for trade besides 83's?
  • Options
    Here's a few scans.

• Options
    Cardkid

Thanks for the response,

Im more looking for dead on blazer cards more like the Steve Bartkowski, Everson Walls, Danny White, Eric Hipple, John Jefferson, Matt Blair, Joe Senser, Harry Carson,

Dan Dierdorf, Scoring Leaders, Steeler Team, Gifford Neilson, Cliff Branch, Bob Kuechenberg, Joe Klecko and Dan Fouts from my listed scans.

I had much better luck with the wax boxes than I did with the Cello box.

Take Care
    John