Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay etiquette quesiton

almost 6.5k positive feedback, has got like over 50-100 feedback since he won the items...

Total is just under $300.....

I haven't listed auctions in a while so I'm a bit out of the "etiquette"... What is an adequete amount of time for someone to pay? Tomorrow will be 10 days with ZERO contact what so ever (before or after auctions)

Comments

• Options
    What are we talking about, one auction or several?

Typically I would send a 'hey just touching base' type email asking when you can expect payment and give it a day or so. If no response I'd send a follow up with a 'let me know if you still want to purchase these items' type email.

Unfortunately ebay has become a real slippery slope when dealing with slow or non paying bidders. Last thing you need is for a high feedback buyer to cause some havoc on your feedback...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I have had more and more people not paying lately. This has been my approach:

Send an invoice right after they win/buy the item.

Wait until the four days are up where I am able to file a NPB case. Don't open the case, but send the invoice a second time just to remind them about the item in case they forgot.

If they don't pay within 1-2 days of the second invoice, open the case.

You can close the case within another 4 days, but I usually wait 7.

With an experienced buyer like it seems you have here, they probably just forgot and will end up paying. The types of people you have to worry about are like someone who won an item of mine today: only 57 total feedback and have not received any feedback in the past 90 days, yet today suddenly they bid on/buy 30 hockey items, some of which were expensive. Not a good chance of getting paid with that one.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    we have loads of buyers that take 3 weeks to pay....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that buyers don't check Ebay every day like sellers do. When a seller checks their account 3-4 times a day for several days, it may seem like tons of time has passed. In reality, the buyer may only check once a week and will pay you when he sees that he's won the item etc. Unfortunately, many buyers don't observe the time to pay guidelines. They pay when its convenient for them.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Open a NPB claim, that will email the person automatically and if he just forgot he will pay you ASAP, or if he intends to not pay at least you have the ball rolling to get your refund on fees and to relist the items.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>we have loads of buyers that take 3 weeks to pay.... >>

I'm one of the guilty ones. Every time I'm ready to pay up, Rick lists more great stuff! I'd rather get one big package and spend my postage savings on more cards.
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Use the NPB assistant. 4 days, open a claim, 4 more days to pay. 8 total days is totally enough to pay.