Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay/PP question - What would you do?

I haven't done much selling in the last year as I've been obsessively buying instead, so the recent Paypal changes to treat sellers like me as potential crooks caught me off-guard. I have about $1K worth of sales that they might hold up to 21 days to allow the buyers time to return items, but PP will graciously release MY MONEY upon receipt of delivery/sig confirmation and positive Ebay feedback.

I have a buyer who is a bit slow to post feedback, if he does so at all, so I'd like to know if the day after successful delivery is too soon to send a reminder email, and whether or not I should mention the PP hold policy as an incentive for him to act.
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    Glad to see Ebay/Paypal actually acted on my advice to keep an eye on you. I have had Paypal call me in the past and ask if a transaction went OK so that they could release funds to the seller. I would email the buyer and explain you need him to leave feedback so you can get paid. That way it doesn't sound like "please leave me 5 stars" or pestering him about feedback.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    I was under the impression that once deliverey can be proved that they will release funds with a couple days, feedback or not.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I was under the impression that once deliverey can be proved that they will release funds with a couple days, feedback or not. >>

That's not what the PP rep told me, but they weren't the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

EDIT: Just to get the whole rant outta my system - I can sort of understand a lot of the Ebay rule changes, as buyers are their primary customers, as number of buyers drives their business. Paypal, however, should only consider sellers as THEIR customers, as all the fees are paid by them. A business model that has them proactively treating customers as potential crooks is astounding to me.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Since I buy and sell on eBay I do not really have a firm stance on either side. The way I look at it is if there are no buyers eBay will still make money on the listing fees, but with no sellers there are no listing fees or fvf fees to get.
  • Options
    Not saying by any means this is you Bob, but I know that fraud by sellers is way up on Ebay. Paypal has to cover those buyers, so I guess they are being cautious (sometimes overly) and covering their behinds. I also think that's why Ebay has been putting limits on sellers accounts.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak