Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1975 AL Championship Ring--Salesman's Sample?

I have a ring that looks like it was made for the Red Sox AL Championship from 1975. It weighs 42 grams (1.5 ounces) and has no maker's marks on it. I had a jeweler nearby look at it a while back, and he took a quick look and said it didn't have any precious metal value, but I am going to show it to him again today and put an update later on this post.

I don't really have much knowledge of championship rings, so through my rudimentary online research I am guessing this is a salesman's sample. One website had this ring (Link) that looks a lot like mine but has a different setting for the gem and is made of gold.

Does anyone have any info about this or know where I can get more info?

Collecting Tony Conigliaro

Comments

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about them either, but I do know that bat boys, groundskeepers, announcers, etc. sometimes receive World Series rings that are far cheaper than the ones that the players get. So, maybe that's what it is?
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool item; whoever owned it wasn't shy about wearing it.....

you may want to post this on the Net54 Board as they have a couple ring experts on their memorabilia forum

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

<< <i>I don't know much about them either, but I do know that bat boys, groundskeepers, announcers, etc. sometimes receive World Series rings that are far cheaper than the ones that the players get. So, maybe that's what it is? >>

they wouldn't have given them one with Fred Lynn's name/number on the shank

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know much about them either, but I do know that bat boys, groundskeepers, announcers, etc. sometimes receive World Series rings that are far cheaper than the ones that the players get. So, maybe that's what it is? >>

they wouldn't have given them one with Fred Lynn's name/number on the shank

IMF >>

They might if it was someone related to Fred Lynn. image
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten any responses yet on Net54. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro

<< <i>Haven't gotten any responses yet on Net54. Does anyone have any other ideas? >>

patience