Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

East Coast office?

Did I somehow miss the announcement of the location of PSA's east coast office? Last tweet that I remember from Joe, about 3 weeks ago, was that the announcement would be made within 2 weeks. Just wondering if I zoned out for a day and missed the topic....

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did I somehow miss the announcement of the location of PSA's east coast office? Last tweet that I remember from Joe, about 3 weeks ago, was that the announcement would be made within 2 weeks. Just wondering if I zoned out for a day and missed the topic.... >>

From what I've read on the coin forum, I think the East Coast office will only be for submissions, that California would still do the grading. But I could be wrong about that.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭
    So if we live close to east coast, we would submit there and then they send cards to CA to be graded?
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So if we live close to east coast, we would submit there and then they send cards to CA to be graded? >>

I would think they would receive and grade the cards at the east coast location......
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I heard it is going to be located in Northern New Jersey.
  • Options
    Northern NJ works for me !!!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    New River Arizona would work for me!
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Figures... I move to Raleigh NC from NJ. Then PSA shows up on the east coast. To top it off. They move to the state I moved out of.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    here's a quote from Joe Orlando's twitter account 25 days ago...

<< <i>Stay tuned...we will be announcing the exact location of our new east coast office in the next two weeks. PSA may be coming your way! >>

right on time with the announcement! LOL!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    OK, Now do they have any openings?
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll offer my "expert" services to grade the 1952 Mantles for free. image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    there will, of course, be East Coast bias.

a sportswriter told me so.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's counting the days the same way PSA does for determining submission turnaround times....

25 days - day the tweet was made - weekends - fridays that fall on an even date within months that end "y" - unforeseen demand = 2 weeks.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Don't get too excited folks. It is only going to be a drop off/pick up location. There won't be any on-site grading done there...
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't get too excited folks. It is only going to be a drop off/pick up location. There won't be any on-site grading done there... >>

So whats the sense? Paying rent, lights an employee or 2 to do what the USPS does and it doesn't cost PSA
    anything? Now they are going to have to pay shipping to Newport Beach from NJ or maybe they just raise the
    shipping costs? Makes no sense but then again I am no business major. My High School diploma tells me that in this
    economy you don't raise the cost of doing business you try and lower it.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't get too excited folks. It is only going to be a drop off/pick up location. There won't be any on-site grading done there... >>

So whats the sense? Paying rent, lights an employee or 2 to do what the USPS does and it doesn't cost PSA
    anything? Now they are going to have to pay shipping to Newport Beach from NJ or maybe they just raise the
    shipping costs? Makes no sense but then again I am no business major. My High School diploma tells me that in this
    economy you don't raise the cost of doing business you try and lower it. >>

yeah, how's that working for you ?????? see exxon, hess,stop and shop etc....
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball