Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

mike tyson Kayo promo

Does anyone know about what this is worth and if PSA will slab this?

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I know that PSA used to refuse to grade this, as well as the Ringlords Promo from the same year. I think the reason is that they were unlicensed (for Tyson, in particular).
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Is the 1987 Panini considered his rookie card?
    Hook'em
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    yup.. the panini card # 153 is his rookie. I'm pretty sure its produced in 1987 but psa slabs it as 1985. they go for about 40 bucks on ebay. iHe also has a Question of sport card from 86 but psa won't slab that either.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    What are Question of Sports cards? I saw a Floyd Mayweather card awhile back but did not know what the set was.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are Question of Sports cards? I saw a Floyd Mayweather card awhile back but did not know what the set was. >>

They are cards that came in a board game over in the United Kingdom. I don't know why PSA won't slab them. When I find a Tyson signing, it's going to be the one I use as his "rookie". They look like this:

1986 A Question of Sport Mike Tyson

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know that PSA used to refuse to grade this, as well as the Ringlords Promo from the same year. I think the reason is that they were unlicensed (for Tyson, in particular). >>

I dont' know if it's the same Ringlords promo that you refer to, but they did slab this one for me last year, it might not be the same year that you are talking about though:

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are both variations of his rookie card from 1986 Panini
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    nice adhesive figurines!
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Dpeck! Nice stickers. Are you going to get those slabbed? I have the next year sticker(gray border)
  • Options

Here are the rest of the Tyson cards I have. I still can't figure out what the small one is in the last scan. It says Grandi Campioni Dello Sport and is number 98. It also has a copyright Edigamma under it.

As for getting the stickers graded I only have one that is real strong and I might. These have been shooting up lately on EBAY so hopefully they continue to rise becuase they are very hard to find.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    my question of sport card has the same green print marks on the white border. Its his best looking card imo. I slabbed my panini card just because i like the way the card look slabbed. its only a psa 3 but presents well and was only 10 bucks. corners and centering are good but there is a small crease on that you can only see if you tilt it into the light. Its so stupid that psa will slab a match book but not some of these cards.. like the question of sport, 65 cassius clay Lampo and many early Pele cards. The clay especially since its first true card that isn't hand cut. He is prob one of the top 5 most popular athletes of all time and psa won't slab his first card.
  • Options
    I found another card like the small one I posted. It appears it is from Panini in 1997 so probably not worth to much.

Yeah that seems strange on the Casius Clay and Pele as those are major stars.
  • Options
    Well looks like I finally found my Mike Tyson rookie "A Question of Sport". I really want to add a 1986 Panini as well. Hopefully this won't take to long to get in hand.

I just purchased this via a BIN on eBay eBay Link

I think I got it very cheap but don't really know. What do you guys think?
    Hook'em