Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

AAA autograph authentication?

I don't do many autos but I have my eye on an item for a charity auction and it is authenticated by AAA. Any ideas good or bad?

Thanks. Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Several different companies have used those initials. At least one of them worked hand-in-glove with a forgery ring.

What is the full name (not initials) of this AAA?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Here is a picture of the cert....not legible but you might recognize the typeface on the logo?

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    That looks like Absolute Authentic Autographs, which advertises as an "In Person" authenticator for shows and private signings.
    AAA website

Assuming you're buying a piece signed by someone who does the show circuit, I'd be comfortable with that authentication.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is a picture of the cert....not legible but you might recognize the typeface on the logo?

image >>

If that is the best picture of the cert they will provide..PASS!
  • Options
    Do a PSA/DNA quick opinion on the auction for $7.49 just to be sure. That way if it's phony, you are only out the $7.49. If it's legit, you send it in to PSA and they credit the $7.49 towards the authentication fee.

There was someone on the eBay board that says he buys a lot of stuff with AAA authentication and it always passes PSA/DNA, but I would be wary myself. I would do the quick opinion just to be sure.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    AAA stuff is fine. They are as good as Steiner with holos on cert and the item.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I have had a few things come my way from them and have always had success
    with the quick opinion.I think them AAA name scares some people away because of the
    other forgery's associated with with the same name.

Just my .02cents.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8