Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone ever bought from Tripleplayvintage?

Bought a few cards for my '67 set and paid on April 4th. Didn't have them at my house when I got back from my trip on the 11th, so I emailed the seller, no response. Tonight I get an email from paypal with my shipping label info. I guess I should consider myself lucky compared to all of these other people.

Tripleplayvintage Feedback

Comments

• Options
    Bought a card off of him with my Ebay bucks certificate. That was April 4, and no I still don't have the card. How hard is it to send something 2-3 days after payment? Guess too hard for this guy.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

He is a pretty famous seller.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Pretty slow, but for the most part OK...I have never had a problem with one of his cards, until now....bought a raw 1955 Bowman Willie Mays rated from him NM.....thought it looked nice, but top border seemed a little thin (saw the scan before I bought it)........submitted it to PSA and came back EVIDENCE TRIM.........haven't subbed it anywhere else......
  • Options
    No..... and now that I've seen that feedback history, I will be staying far, far away!
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i was a third party recipient of an eBay card i purchased and then suspected of trimming....when i advised the seller, he claimed to have purchased it from TPV, but he took it back and refunded the sale price....he did mention that he had many successful transactions involving cards he got through them, but i got curious enough about them to poke around here and find enough negative comments to remove them from my watch list.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I too, had them on my watch list and spent alot of $$$ with them.....now that I got a trimmed card, and after reading the feedbacks, I will no longer give tripleplayvintage a second look.....
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Slow to ship.

Cards used to be good, bought from them in 06 and 07, ran into a few trimmed items but not many. Then it got a lot worse.

Would be very careful now. They're slabbing stuff so kinda like a 4SC/NESC in disguise.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    never had a problem, but that is just me, 308 total negs or neutrals out of 65,000 isn't to bad. 99.6% positives. Geez come on a member since 1998 on ebay. I know only as good as your last deal, but if you email them politely and with reason, I think things can be worked out. Communication is the key. But that is JMHO. image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Ive used him many times. I have subbed many cards purchased from him and got some outstanding results. I have also gotten back a few EOT but he always refunded my money if that was the case. 3 cards that I had for almost a year and still refunded.

With that said, I have only bought from him a couple times in the last year or so. Not for any other reason that I dont play the subbing game anymore. It would be sad if there were increased amounts of trimming.

Need to consider two things with a guy who does this much volume....first, he is buying raw and selling raw. He may not be looking at every individual card he buys but more that he is buying sets or collections. Raw is what it is and hope for the best. Second, we have seen a huge increase in the amount of EOTs coming back....use your own judgement on those. As for me, I think the resub game has become a large part of unnamed TPGs business.
  • Options
    they used to have good stuff, but now there is a lot of trimmed garbage, very obvious in their scans.
  • Options
    Wondering if the OP got his card in the mail yet, mine is still MIA.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
This discussion has been closed.