Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How bad has the SMR gotten?

I just got the most recent issue in the mail, and was shocked to see a feature on Dan Marino. Is this the best they can do? For all practical purposes there is zero interest in graded Marino cards, save some basic Topps issues. I've gotten to the point where I don't even consider grading his cards anymore because I know they'll just rot in my Ebay store, and the SMR decides to dedicate a full article to him? Why in the world would you showcase a set that nobody is collecting?

I'm not looking to dog on Marino collectors in particular (assuming a few are still active), but rather on the SMR in general. Seriously-- if you're going to charge us for this magazine- and we are charged for it, since our memberships would be cheaper if they just got rid of it-- then at least work to put in articles that appeal to more than 1/2 dozen of your subscribers.

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>since our memberships would be cheaper if they just got rid of it >>

I disagree with this part of your post Boo...the ads surely pay in full for the production of SMR. It's used as an "added value" tool so that they can say you get it for free with your membership. My guess is that it's cost neutral for Collectors Universe.
  • Options
    This sounds very much like a post I made last week...
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>since our memberships would be cheaper if they just got rid of it >>

I disagree with this part of your post Boo...the ads surely pay in full for the production of SMR. It's used as an "added value" tool so that they can say you get it for free with your membership. My guess is that it's cost neutral for Collectors Universe. >>

/////////////////////////////////

They may even make a smidge.

In which case, in theory, the membership fee is likely kept a
    tad lower than it might otherwise be.

I find it excellent bathroom reading.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    In response to the issue of how the SMR affects the price of membership, Storm and Mike may be right- I've never looked at it that way. But even with that in mind, why not write articles that are useful? How hard can that be? I work as a freelance writer, and I could pop off a dozen articles in no time at all that would be far more interesting than an expose on the Marino set, and I don't for a minute think I'm the only one who can do this (I've read 41Goudey's posts, and I think he could do it as well).

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    That's funny - I've got SMRs in my bathroom, too (in between my wife's Good Housekeeping's, romance novels, etc)

The ads from the major auction houses are more interesting than the articles.

• Options

I usually only read the articles that feature folks' collections.

I do like looking at the pictures and the ads, tho.

Folks who want to write for the mag, should send their stuff in.
  • Options
    Boopotts has an article on Reggie Bush ready to go image
  • Options

<< <i>I usually only read the articles that feature folks' collections.

I do like looking at the pictures and the ads, tho.

Folks who want to write for the mag, should send their stuff in. >>

Be that as it may, I think you'll agree that there's an enormous difference between 'publishing articles that people will read when they don't have anything else handy', and 'publishing articles that people may want to read twice, or maybe even pass on to a friend'. If the best we can say for a magazine is 'I like the ads', then I think we're damning it with faint praise.
  • Options

<< <i>Boopotts has an article on Reggie Bush ready to go image >>

I could write an article on Reggie Bush cards, and have it finished in the next 45 minutes, and offer a stone cold guarantee that it would be better than any of Glew's articles in the last six months.
  • Options
    I agree. Casual and new hobbyists may be reading SMR. It's a shame that this is our flagship publication.

• Options
    "...If the best we can say for a magazine is 'I like the ads', then I think we're damning it with faint praise..."

//////////////

No doubt the content leans toward lite.

I have always been a little surprised that posters
    here don't try to get their articles in.

I am not sure how "heavy" readers want the thing.
    It may be that too many history articles would not
    be favored.

Again, my faves are the ones that interview the collector
    and show his cards.

Celeb collectors are interesting, too.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree. Casual and new hobbyists may be reading SMR. It's a shame that this is out flagship publication. >>

Thank you-- that's my point exactly, and you've phrased it very well. A couple profiles of sets that nobody's collecting, and a woefully useless price guide, should not be sufficient content for a monthly periodical. The monthly Beckett magazine runs laps around the SMR for sheer entertainment value and utility, and that alone should be enough incentive for PSA to dump another $1000 a month into the SMR and get it up to speed.
  • Options

<< <i>"...If the best we can say for a magazine is 'I like the ads', then I think we're damning it with faint praise..."

//////////////

No doubt the content leans toward lite.

I have always been a little surprised that posters
    here don't try to get their articles in.

I am not sure how "heavy" readers want the thing.
    It may be that too many history articles would not
    be favored.

Again, my faves are the ones that interview the collector
    and show his cards.

Celeb collectors are interesting, too. >>

You could do an article every month that offer some advice on sets/issues that may be on the upswing, something on price trends for various sets, something you could call 'Registry Madness' that documents some crazy prices for PSA graded cards.... the possibilities, I think, are endless.
  • Options
    I prefer to read my SMR in the bathroom...nowhere else
  • Options

<< <i>I prefer to read my SMR in the bathroom...nowhere else >>

They should put this quote on the cover.
  • Options
    I wish Joe would set the bar for the SMR high. I'd like the SMR to become a collectable that people refer back to years from now to refresh their knowledge on a specific set or aspect of the hobby. Right now it is an advertising medium. The articles provide the image of journalistic intent but in reality the magazine is a 100 page informercial. Nothing more.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options

<< <i>I wish Joe would set the bar for the SMR high. I'd like the SMR to become a collectable that people refer back to years from now to refresh their knowledge on a specific set or aspect of the hobby. Right now it is an advertising medium. The articles provide the image of journalistic intent but in reality the magazine is a 100 page informercial. Nothing more. >>

I agree 100%. But why is this? I mean come on-- writers come CHEAP! You can pay an excellent writer $.20 a word, and he'll produce for you. Making this an entertaining read would cost next to nothing, so it's not like there's an enormous capital outlay involved with improving the quality of the articles. Take yourself for instance. You write well, and I'm sure you have opinions/insights that would be worth sharing. What would you charge for a 1200 word article? $200? $350?

It just astounds me that nobody gives a goddamn about this magazine, when it would take so little to improve it. How hard would it be to actually write a 'graded sportscard report' every month, where you talk about the various players/company sets that have sold well in the past 30 days? Articles on cards that could see an uptick in value in the near future? Hell, even an occasional piece on the results of a pack war! There's just no shortage of interesting ideas, but for some reason we're left with crap about player sets that nobody's actively building. For God's sake, if you're going to kill 1000 trees to publish something at least make it GOOD. And Joe, being a lawyer, should be senstive to the issue of quality, substantive writing, which makes this all that more inexplicable.

• Options

<< <i>Folks who want to write for the mag, should send their stuff in. >>

Let's suppose for the minute that Joe allowed the PSA board to re-design and write a future issue of the SMR. What would you want to see included in the magazine? I've been thinking about this recently and my thought is the magazine should follow a fairly generic format. I'd like to see a vintage set article, a modern in season set article, a memorabilia article and a sports history article in each issue. Joe can have his page to get his point across each month. What would you like to see in the magazine? Once we get the format let's pick some sets, pick some writers and submit some articles. I know we all have the time. Let's take some ownership of our hobby publication.

Brian
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    Last year sometime, Beckett Graded Card Monthly (which I never buy - don't even know if it's still around) ran a real informative and useful article on '71 Topps. I rememeber the '71 Munson was on the cover. Anyway, the article profiled common cards and star cards from the set and included an interesting breakdown of the toughest cards in the set as a ratio of % of 9s to # submitted (or something like that). I remember really enjoying the article and the comparison charts that went with it. SMR could do this type of thing easy with the right people involved.
  • Options

JO is always glad to hear ideas.

old thread
  • Options
    Obviously, option C did not win
  • Options
    couldnt all the content be put online for pennies? and be more interactive and updated constantly.
  • Options

<< <i>couldnt all the content be put online for pennies? and be more interactive and updated constantly. >>

Print advertising revenue
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    I think I took one out of the plastic this year....so far.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>couldnt all the content be put online for pennies? and be more interactive and updated constantly. >>

it's not updated but the SMR comes out on-line typically before I get my hard copy, most of my thoughts have already been echoed... limited articles, the same Glew article every issue (just insert new set name), lots of ads, and way out of date pricing. There's a specific card I buy that sells for 5x SMR (I do love it to use as a comparison!) comparatively Beckett has it bang on. It's in all honesty a 5 minute read for me, then get's recycled.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Look, maybe the articles blow, but at least the pricing hasn't been updated in 6 years. If I ever wanted to know what a Patrick Ewing 86 Fleer PSA 9 sold for in 2002, the current SMR is where I would find that info.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Folks who want to write for the mag, should send their stuff in. >>

Let's suppose for the minute that Joe allowed the PSA board to re-design and write a future issue of the SMR. What would you want to see included in the magazine? I've been thinking about this recently and my thought is the magazine should follow a fairly generic format. I'd like to see a vintage set article, a modern in season set article, a memorabilia article and a sports history article in each issue. Joe can have his page to get his point across each month. What would you like to see in the magazine? Once we get the format let's pick some sets, pick some writers and submit some articles. I know we all have the time. Let's take some ownership of our hobby publication.

Brian >>

My feeling is that it should be more fun and irreverent. Not too over the top, but not nearly as stodgy as it is now. People like to read (and listen to) opinions-- it works for ESPN, it works for talk radio, and it works for magazines. Some informative pieces should be included, but there should be more material from writers/collectors who have opinions on issues relating to the hobby.

Also, it should be more of a 'report'. How about something detailing exciting happenings at the National? Big pulls from packs, big cards stolen from showcases, big deals that went down.. something to allow people who didn't attend to get a feel for the event. How hard could it be to cobble something like that together? In the same vein, a monthly article on hobby happenings would work well. It doesn't have to involve PSA slabs, just something on what's going on. How does a monthly baseball card magazine NOT cover the bankruptcy and liquidation of Fleer? The move to make Panini the sole producer of NBA licensed cards? The fact that GAI is now gleefully slabbing fake autos?

Above all else, just make it fun to read. In the world of writing, style always trumps substance, so don't worry about whether a topic is 'appropriate'-- just publish it if it's a good read. Look at Bill Simmons- this guy never had ANYTHING to say about sports, and he's one of the most popular writers around. Why? Because he writes well, and he's good for a laugh. Has anyone here ever gotten a single chuckle out of anything in the SMR?

Bottom line, make it more vibrant, more engaging, and more entertaining. It would cost next to nothing, and it would do a better job of representing PSA.
  • Options
    while everything that has been said here makes sense as far as making the mag more interesting.....but why would PSA want to put any more $ into it? It's not like ANYONE has a membership so they can read the magazine, it is just something that is added to the subscription, that probably puts a few extra bucks in PSA's pockets.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if you didn't use the Lord's name in vain you would be a little more blessed.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    "...Bottom line, make it more vibrant, more engaging, and more entertaining. It would cost next to nothing, and it would do a better job of representing PSA..."

/////////////////////////////////////////////

All fun ideas that I think would "represent" the hobby better,
    but not necessarily represent PSA better.

Opinions in corporate mags often need disclaimers, and things
    that need disclaimers are litigation bait.

"Stodgy" is good for outfits that are selling trust.

I am not at all clear on exactly what PSA has to gain by making
    the mag substantially better/different than it is.

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish Joe would set the bar for the SMR high. I'd like the SMR to become a collectable that people refer back to years from now to refresh their knowledge on a specific set or aspect of the hobby. Right now it is an advertising medium. The articles provide the image of journalistic intent but in reality the magazine is a 100 page informercial. Nothing more. >>

I agree 100%. But why is this? I mean come on-- writers come CHEAP! You can pay an excellent writer $.20 a word, and he'll produce for you. Making this an entertaining read would cost next to nothing, so it's not like there's an enormous capital outlay involved with improving the quality of the articles. Take yourself for instance. You write well, and I'm sure you have opinions/insights that would be worth sharing. What would you charge for a 1200 word article? $200? $350?

It just astounds me that nobody gives a goddamn about this magazine, when it would take so little to improve it. How hard would it be to actually write a 'graded sportscard report' every month, where you talk about the various players/company sets that have sold well in the past 30 days? Articles on cards that could see an uptick in value in the near future? Hell, even an occasional piece on the results of a pack war! There's just no shortage of interesting ideas, but for some reason we're left with crap about player sets that nobody's actively building. For God's sake, if you're going to kill 1000 trees to publish something at least make it GOOD. And Joe, being a lawyer, should be senstive to the issue of quality, substantive writing, which makes this all that more inexplicable. >>

It has become like my GQ MAG i get each month... i smell the new colognes and then set it on a stack of crap until i throw it away two months later.
  • Options
    A better magazine attracts more readers, which generates more interest in PSA and the hobby, which in turn, brings more business to PSA.

How successful do you think BGS would have been if it were not for the success of its magazine?
  • Options
    Storm and bhelser--

Good points, and I see your perspective. My feeling is this-- by improving the SMR you are improving what we can loosely define as the 'PSA experience'. While nobody re-ups their membership for the SMR alone, a quality publication could very well increase renewal rates. A guy 'on the fence', as it were, about renewing, might decide to go for it if it meant a decent hobby publication showed up at his door on the 15th of every month. And there ARE people who are on the fence about renewing. We see it on these boards all the time, where people talk about 'needing to find a reason' to renew.

Also, I think the cost would be next to nothing, so why not do it? There are also possibilities for crafting articles that could spur interest in submitting cards, so that's another potential revenue stream. I don't know PSA's numbers, so I can't speak intelligently on whether this would be a good idea. All I can say is that I 'think' it would be a good idea.

Edit to add:

1) I think PSA is going to be looking at a very substantial decline in submission volume sometime in the next two years. Prices for graded cards continue to decline, and many once-vibrant markets-- post-1990 HOFers in PSA 10 springs to mind- are all but dead. The people who got into building registered sets five years ago are still working on them, but there have been fewer and fewer newer collectors (at least in modern sets) entering the market every year. Once post-1965 PSA 9's start selling for < $20 the gig will be up. PSA needs to get more people excited about collecting graded cards, and a good magazine could help.

2) A quality publication should improve advertising retention. What's the over/under on the amount of time the average PSA member spends riffling the pages of the SMR? 3 minutes? Improving that number should (in theory) improve the value of advertising in the magazine.
  • Options
    By the way...the magazine that everyone here is clamoring for already exists...it's called Beckett Graded Card Investor. It's far from perfect, but it's far better than SMR. I still stand by the fact that SMR is likely cost neutral and agree with Storm on PSA having nothing to gain by investing more in it. If they're never going to sell it to people who don't have a membership (and really, who would buy it), then why invest more money is what is essentially a throw-in to membership? Are you going to cancel because SMR is so bad? If so, I suggest you call Joe and tell him that. That's is the only reason that a change would be implemented.

Edited to say that I just read your last post Boo. I just don't think the money makes sense. If their margin is somewhat slim, investing more money that isn't a sure thing seems risky.
  • Options
    Fiscal 2009 numbers.......

Trading cards 1,171,600

Autographs 168,100
  • Options
    I feel that if the SMR became a collectible reference magazine then membership might increase. But I also agree that as is there is no incentive to improve and thus no incentive to spend any money.

I haven't seen this month's issue yet but didn't they do a Marino article about 5 years ago? Is this just a recycled article to fill print space?
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options

<< <i>Fiscal 2009 numbers.......

Trading cards 1,171,600

Autographs 168,100 >>

Interesting. Is there a Gross revenue number that's available?
  • Options

Trading cards 1,171,600

Autographs 168,100 >>

I can't interpret those numbers without some kind of context. What I do know is that the market value for most graded cards is below the marginal cost of bringing them to market, and that's very bad news for PSA.

Mike-- you make very good points, and I can't argue with any of them. You're very right in saying that it might not make sense to upgrade the magazine. Since the capital outlay would be so small, I think it might be worth a shot. But then again, maybe it wouldn't be.
  • Options

As disgusting as some may find it, the graded-card market
    is pretty "mature."

PSA simply needs to:

Not get disgraced in any scandals.

Hold the market share it has.

Get its share of newbies.

Wait for its primary competition to stumble.

(It's not as exciting as launching a money-pit magazine,
    but it will prolly work.)

• Options

<< <i>[

Mike-- you make very good points, and I can't argue with any of them. You're very right in saying that it might not make sense to upgrade the magazine. Since the capital outlay would be so small, I think it might be worth a shot. But then again, maybe it wouldn't be. >>

See, I happen to think you're right though - but it would mean turning the magazine over to a separate overseer who would have ombudsman ability to criticize PSA if necessary. But if the magazine is unwilling to do that, I think any changes are ultimately negligible. Basically, be it Beckett or SMR, the self interests of the publisher will always hurt it. What you, me and everyone really want is a collector driven magazine with VCP pricing, consumer written editorials and interesting hobby analysis written by major eBay sellers and shop owners. Put all of that together with some investment capital and you might just have something to publish on a limited basis. What you should do is get a hold of Bobby and find out how liquid his numbers are in terms of easy exportation. Tell him he can have tons of free advertising and a % of profit for his numbers and then you're one quarter or halfway to having the juice to have a limited print run bi-monthly magazine. I think it works and could ultimately turn a very small profit...I just don't think it works under the PSA banner.
  • Options

<< <i>

Trading cards 1,171,600

Autographs 168,100 >>

Interesting. Is there a Gross revenue number that's available? >>

/////////////////////////////////////////////

the whole story

BUT, one really needs to read the last four 10-Ks to see where we
    were, what actually happened, and what the future might be about.

I foresee a private company that will have an interim value well below
    its current market-traded value.

The turnaround path can be staged while it is public, but it will have
    to be accomplished in private.

If PCGS needs/wants to remain as CLCT, maybe it can sell/spin PSA.
    I see both outfits better off as private AND standalone spots.

• Options
    "...and could ultimately turn a very small profit..."

//////////////////

OR, we could all open our own savings accounts with any
    money we were going to start a magazine with, use some
    of our "very small" interest earnings to buy a subscription
    to the new mag, still have our principle AND not have to
    work to make a mag fly in an economic depression.

I have traveled the publishing road and it is bumpy in the
    best of times.

It is wholly understandable, to me, why PSA has chosen not
    to reinvent SMR.

top 10 mag closures in 2009

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

once-vibrant markets-- post-1990 HOFers in PSA 10

Are you serious? That was a vibrant market? Do you really think there is a sustainable number of collectors who would pay top dollar for a post 1990 PSA 10 that is no different than 95% of the other ungraded cards out there?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The expectation of good articles would lead to more of the recipients reading the articles and flipping through the rest of the magazine. This is good for the advertisers, but it's hard for them to quantify, and therefore hard for PSA to recoup investment in articles by increased advertising revenue (and this is not a good market to be increasing advertising charges).

I do love the calendars though.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    The problem is, I dont think there is a market for "graded" only magazines. When Beckett came out with one, and I despise Beckett magazines in general, I thought it was superior to the SMR and more accurate to say the least, but where is it now? I dont even know if they're still publishing it, but I havent seen one in quite a while. I would love to see a price guide with "accurate" prices for both raw and graded, but nobody is filling that void at all.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>The problem is, I dont think there is a market for "graded" only magazines. When Beckett came out with one, and I despise Beckett magazines in general, I thought it was superior to the SMR and more accurate to say the least, but where is it now? I dont even know if they're still publishing it, but I havent seen one in quite a while. I would love to see a price guide with "accurate" prices for both raw and graded, but nobody is filling that void at all. >>

/////////////////////////

What about a monthly VCP Magazine? or something similar? What would the pros and cons be? Is it possible? Would it not be feasible for VCP to produce such a thing? I would prefer a handy monthly magazine over an online site. Just kickin' it around.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    As a former Beckett guy; I don't want to say anything too negative BUT there are various issues with the SMR that could be fixed.

1) I actually subscribed to the SMR and never got a renewal notice. Even if I'm the only paying sub; improve the CS for the magazine.

2) Please do not price cards in conditions that don't exist; when I posted that comment on Net 54 (with the caveat noted above about the sub) several people confirmed that condition still existed.

3) Make a decision as to whether the price guide is a 1980's Scott's Catalog type price guide (Suggested SRP) or a price guide based on transactions. Either decision is actually fine; but annouce what you are and move on

4) Boopotts said hire him as a free-lancer; I'll make the same suggestion for myself as a price guide person image Having done that work full-time for 17 years and then on contract for the next two -- there's nothing hard about fixing some of the issues in SMR pricing. But it will take a little bit of time to figure out what exactly is needed.

5) SMR should be a good publication and the reason I say this (and I said the SAME thing in Net 54) is that anytime Joe spends on this (except as Executive Editor to make big decisions) is time he can not spend at CU helping to make more money for the corporation. Hopefully; he can convince the powers that be as a public company of that fact.

Regards
    Rich

Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options

<< <i>2) Please do not price cards in conditions that don't exist; when I posted that comment on Net 54 (with the caveat noted above about the sub) several people confirmed that condition still existed.
    >>

I have posted this same comment many times with no real answer as to why this is done. How can you assign a value to a PSA 10 card that does not exist in PSA 10 condition? Furthermore, how can that value only be about 20% more than a PSA 9?
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>2) Please do not price cards in conditions that don't exist; when I posted that comment on Net 54 (with the caveat noted above about the sub) several people confirmed that condition still existed.
    >>

I have posted this same comment many times with no real answer as to why this is done. How can you assign a value to a PSA 10 card that does not exist in PSA 10 condition? Furthermore, how can that value only be about 20% more than a PSA 9? >>

It's great for buyers though, huh image
  • Options
    Hello members,

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their feedback. I do take these things seriously and always want to improve anything we offer at PSA.

There is no question that SMR can be improved upon and we are slowly but surely working to make those improvements happen.

I am in the process of working with some of our writers, and hiring new ones, to ensure that the quality of the articles improve.

That said, I have no problem with the diversity of topics covered in SMR...that is intentional. Not every article is going to be about 1952 Topps baseball cards, Babe Ruth, LeBron James, etc. To me and to most collectors, it gets really old to cover the same mainstream stuff all the time.

Sometimes, we do cover more obscure topics/collectibles and everyday hobbyists...not just the ones who have $10 million collections. It is important to cover a variety of subjects because it exposes collectors to new ideas...collectibles that they may have never considered collecting before.

SMR, while it is only one of many parts and services that I oversee at PSA, it is important to improve it and it will always be a part of PSA as long as I am here.

In terms of the article content, you will see a difference as time goes on. We have worked on improving the magazine in look, feel and content over the years. For those of you who were around at the beginning of SMR, you will remember that the "magazine" was merely a blue and white price sheet that contained very few pages (it was really more like a tiny brochure than a magazine).

It has come a long way from where it once was but it can be better...and it will be better.

Please don't hesitate to email me directly with feedback or LMK if you would like to ever be featured in a collector profile in SMR.

Take care and thanks again,

Joe Orlando
    President
    Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.