Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay seller apm_cards - Any Opinions?

I recently saw this seller's name come up on the Pujols Bowman Chrome thread. Does anyone know the history of this seller? He has listed some extremely rare Topps '52 autos over the past year. By "extremely rare", I mean he has listed 5-10 copies each of cards that I know for a fact had a print run of around 20 cards total.

Long story short, I will hypothesize that this seller has a connection on the inside at Topps who is backdooring them rare cards. I would appreciate any other insight folks can offer. I'm not directly accusing anything, but there is no way humanly possible for him to acquire the number of rare inserts which he has been offereing unless there is something going on that we don't know about. I bought one or two of these cards from him, and as far as I can tell, the cards are legitimate Topps Certified Autographs, signed by the players.

Thanks, and hoping for another interesting thread.

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

toolhaus.org

apm-cards
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Seems like nothing to worry about, he has dealt with a lot of uneducated buyers and liers and his creditability is good. Well, that and he sends the wrong items once in a while and sends some late and doesn't package well.

But his creditability is good.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Really?

Too many problems for me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    5498 positive feedback this year with only 1 neg. (+ 4 or 5 neutrals). Pretty good feedback I think.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Did you guys click on the toolhaus link storm posted?

Guy has a page full of Negs and neuts.

125 of them.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you guys click on the toolhaus link storm posted?

Guy has a page full of Negs and neuts.

125 of them.

Steve >>

Steve I read the toolhaus feedbacks. A lot of his customers were uneducated and he says he has great creditability. image
  • Options
    The poster was not asking about his ebay rating but more on how he is getting the cards he is getting.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The poster was not asking about his ebay rating but more on how he is getting the cards he is getting. >>

/////////////////////////////////

Rather true.

But, the seller's vile and disgusting responses to the NEGs/NEUTs
    he receives - and the retaliatory FB he used to leave for burned
    buyers - makes the source of his inventory a moot point, to me.

Demented sellers like this caused EBAY to take away sellers' rights
    to leave justified and honest feedback for the filthy buyers that
    have invaded the site.

I would not buy a bag of peanuts from the creature.

(At one point, the seller was also accused of being a "patch faker.")

51 Negative
    49 Neutral
    25 Withdrawn (0 removed by eBay)
    125 Total

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

(At one point, the seller was also accused of being a "patch faker.")

That's what I remember as well. They were mentioned more than 1x on another board but I cannot locate the thread(s). I have them in my "bad" list.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    If you think his feedback is interesting, try talking to him over the phone..

I have seen different people state they knew him to be a fake patch maker. Some claimed to have proof. I can't say either way.. All I can go by is what my gut is telling me after seeing the Bowman Chrome Pujols in the SGC 96 slab, and it leaves me with some serious suspicion. I got even more suspicious after he suddenly pulled the scans down, once the images of that card hit this site, in the thread where we were discussing it being bogus/altered/forged.

Edit: Add comments
  • Options
    Maybe you guys remember him from his longtime ebay name xyankee61x
    He sold many many fake autos(several ids from RI seem to be connected) from the Fleer bankruptcy,the cards were made but never autographed so they flooded ebay with fakes.
    I guess after people would questioned them, they got the really reliable GAI to authenticate the fakes
    Also when the items are shady the images are removed right away
    Of these Only Bird has a legit version available
    As you can tell they were all faked by the same person

This is how a legit bird looks like.
    Most of the fakes are the Bird
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>(At one point, the seller was also accused of being a "patch faker.")

That's what I remember as well. They were mentioned more than 1x on another board but I cannot locate the thread(s). I have them in my "bad" list. >>

They were mentioned as xyankee61x all the time in the beckett boards

I saved the list someone posted of the connected ids selling the same fake items(they have mostly been changed)
    xyankee61x,
    photoking0313,
    federal-hill-sports,
    hot-packz-r-us, used to atlantic_enterprise, used to be patriot_collectibles are
    all from Rhode Island
    here is a photobucket account that saved the fake patches of these accounts, has them seperated by id
    http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w137/FakePatches/

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    I need to check my info.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Wait.... HE had the Pujols altered SGC card? If so, that's Kevin Burge. I thought APM was one of his alts but all my info is on my work computer. Big Time scammer. DO NOT TRUST HIM. He had many alts, and has fake buybacks, fake patches, unnumbered (likely backdoored) Gold Refractors, (and alot, almost the whole set, said it was a replacement from Topps given at a recent convention. They replaced the whole /50 refactor set from 2006? yeah ok) and the list goes on.

Him and his numerous accounts well known for being shady. >>

nope amp is not burge, Amp used to be xyankee61x the one that to claimed to work for beckett for many years in his auctions, with beckett saying it was not true, told him to remove it, the id was suspended then came back and changed the id name to amp_cards

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    The card which originally concerned me was this one - the 2006 Topps '52 Chipper Jones. This card has a print run of around 40 or so - very very very scarce in today's terms. There is no red ink parallel.

While the auto itself looks ok compared with other Chippers I have seen, the location of the autograph on the card had always bothered me. Every Chipper I have ever seen has been signed this way. I always assumed that it was because Chipper didn't like the pic they chose for this card (and I can't blame him.) He signed the 2001 Heritage set in the correct spot, and those cards have the exact same design as these. The vast majority of the Chipper Jones '52 autos I have seen have come from this one particular seller. Is it possible that he's so stupid that he forged the auto, and in the wrong spot to boot?

edit - Here is Burbank Sportscards' famous $800 Red Ink Chipper from the 2001 Heritage set for comparison. I'd gladly pay $200 for this card.