Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group BULK Submission usage guide.

In and effort to contribute to the community not just consume, I hoped to work with Group Bulk Submission organizers and help ease keeping track of all those submissions. This post originally used for testing hopefully now will serve as a guide in it's use.

So far this has been use with:
* Mike's (aka thenavarro) PSA/DNA submission in October 2009
* Bill's (aka lsutigers1973) Bulk Submission in January 2010.
* Mike's (aka thenavarro) PSA/DNA Round II submission in June 2010

Please note this was done during my lunches and a bit at night. Done completely from scratch and as such is NOT bullet proof. For the most part in working with submission organizers most issues have been resolved but I'm sure someone will find more and when / if you do please let me know! (and pre-thank you!)

Overall the idea is: I work with an organizer to setup registration. The organizer (or myself) adds participants and provides login information to those participating. Once logged in a participant can edit address and login information as well as provide all the information that PSA requires for grading his/her submissions. Once completed entering ones submissions the user will be able to Export to Excel (their list of submissions) and submit the listing to the submissions organizer via email. Once submitted the ability to add new entries will be locked preventing confusion. Entries entered by participants will be saved in a database so the organizer can export all submissions by participants to excel to consume with the labeling method of their choice. Also once submitted the organizer, participant and myself will be emailed the information as a safe-gaurd (I like safeguards).

Please note this is intended to aid in keeping track of submissions for those organizing bulk subs. Nothing fancy. If you find a problem or bug or feature you think would be nice please PM me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General usage
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bulk submission organizer handles all the money, cards and rules for their submission. This utility is just for logging your cards. Like an online PSA submission for but without the need for a PSA membership or CU Board account. Regardless once the organizer has contacted me and we've setup their submission users start by registering.

To register:
1) Turn on private messages on your CUAccount. You can do this by editing your profile (click the profile button at the top of the page)
2) Private Message (PM) bigjaco or email CUForumSubmission@gmail.com with your email address, first and last name.
3) You will get a registration notification PM'ed (or emailed if you prefer) to you with detailed directions on how to register your submission.

Your PM or email will look something like:

<< <i>User Process:
1) goto http://bigjaco.com/PSA/login.aspx
2) Your user name: YourUserAssignedNameHere
3) Temp pwd that you can change (case sensitive): SomeFancyPwd
4) Login using the credentails bigjaco supplied in step 1 and 2.
5) Click Edit Login at the top of the page.
6) Fill this out completely.
7) Click Add/Edit Submissions
8) Fill out the form for each card you wish to submit
9) When complete click "Finish Submission" and an email copy will be sent to you. The submission will be locked as to keep things less confusing and prevent multiple submissions.

OPTION) you can export your submission via excel by clicking "Export Excel"
>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step by step
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1:
1) goto http://bigjaco.com/PSA/login.aspx
2) Your user name: YourUserAssignedNameHere
3) Temp pwd that you can change (case sensitive): SomeFancyPwd

5) Click Edit Login at the top of the page.
You can click "Edit Login" to edit your personal information and change your password:

6) Fill this out completely.

7) Click Add/Edit Submissions

8) Fill out the form for each card you wish to submit

9) When complete click "Finish Submission" and an email copy will be sent to you. The submission will be locked as to keep things less confusing and prevent multiple submissions.

OPTION) you can export your submission via excel by clicking "Export Excel"
I recommend clicking "Save" when you see:

If you happen to see the following when you open the file, just click yes.

Thanks for any help and if you'd like to use this for your Group Submissions PM me.

EDIT: to remove nerdy stuff you probably don't care about and additional instructions

Comments

• Options
    October changes:
    Card number can be alpha numeric
    Email required (no receipt sent without email)

8/17/2009
    added phone number and variety.

3/3/2010
    Added validation for entry submissions: Year, QTY, Value
    Added validation for user information. Requirements can be changed by submission organizer but default name, address, email, phone now required.

6/14/2010
    Changing hosts, will update when complete. Sorry for trouble.

6/16/2010
    Host updated all is well.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    that just blew my mind.

good idea though
  • Options

<< <i>that just blew my mind.

good idea though >>

hopefully not to badly. it's an online version of PSA's forms. image
  • Options
    el-bump-o for Bill's submission.
  • Options
    Wish I would have seen this when we first started. Would have simplified the beginning process.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Looks cool, you did a wonderful job.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Great form easy to use. One question. When you finish and hit the final submission at the end you said an email is sent to you. Will Bill also get a copy of this?
    PackManInNC
  • Options

<< <i>Great form easy to use. One question. When you finish and hit the final submission at the end you said an email is sent to you. Will Bill also get a copy of this? >>

In this case, yes Bill gets an exact copy of what you see. It's also stored in a database so the data can be downloaded by Bill whenever he wishes.
  • Options
    Prepping for Mike's new sub - bump.
  • Options
    changing hosts, sorry for the trouble. will update again when complete.
  • Options
    host move complete. no new changes for users.